Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mattyk5)
    how many marks was that question? 1?
    It was only 1 mark

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matt1997x)
    I thought exactly the same. For some reason I thought the channels may be denatured because they are proteins. Thus K+ channels are not efficient. I'm wrong though. Saying that K channels allowed more K+ to entire explains why action potential was not as great.
    Exactly the same as what I said, K+ channels begin to denature so less k+ diffuse out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BubbleLover98)
    It was only 1 mark
    thats alright then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrKillerX)
    I think the answer was that since glucose is not reabsorbed in proximal convoluted tubule, therefore the solute concentration is higher, which in turn lowers the water potential. As the water potential lowers, the concentration gradient between the tubule and outside is reduced, less water leaves the tubule by osmosis. So the volume of urine increased.
    That is what I put if you look at my original post, I'm just doubting it though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Timon512)
    Oh my bad then. I thought it said humans, but regardless, i just wrote no volume of Oxygen is taken in so RQ value increases to maximum.
    i'm pretty sure it said humans too? i remember thinking that ethanal was bacteria and then wrote down lactate instead because i knew that was humans? i dont know i could be wrong, my brain was fried by the end of that nightmare haha.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zwitterion1)
    Exactly the same as what I said, K+ channels begin to denature so less k+ diffuse out
    Do you think that's the answer though? Or do you think we were thinking too outside the box, although it seemed pretty obvious to me at the time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edenjxde)
    i'm pretty sure it said humans too? i remember thinking that ethanal was bacteria and then wrote down lactate instead because i knew that was humans? i dont know i could be wrong, my brain was fried by the end of that nightmare haha.
    Different question buddy! The RQ question said Yeast cells but you are right about lactate being released in anaerobic respiration in humans!

ReputationRep:
    Do you think that's the answer though? Or do you think we were thinking too outside the box, although it seemed pretty obvious to me at the time
    I'm not sure, if the channels begin to denature they change shape, so that could mean K+ cannot pass through. Probably too outside the box though. Because the temperature wasn't that high it's not like they disintegrated l, only begin to denature

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zwitterion1)
    That is what I put if you look at my original post, I'm just doubting it though
    Haha, you should be fine then. But just to clarify there is nothing to do with Antidiuretic hormone.

ReputationRep:
    Different question buddy! The RQ question said Yeast cells but you are right about lactate being released in anaerobic respiration in humans!
    haha ah goddamn! threw me off cos the next question was about atp and muscles! pray to the wjec gods for low grade boundaries

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know the flexibility of the markers for exams like this? Because there was loads of application they'll be getting a lot of different answers. I also saw this thing where the mark schemes that markers get are different to the ones we get online. Apparently the ones online are simplified to contain the core answer. So maybe questions you thought you got disastriously wrong may actually be right, because the questions on that paper today had many different scopes.

ReputationRep:
    For the RQ value I thought it would decrease because the co2 value would increase and a big number over a small number is a small number????

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know the flexibility of the markers for exams like this? Because there was loads of application they'll be getting a lot of different answers. I also saw this thing where the mark schemes that markers get are different to the ones we get online. Apparently the ones online are simplified to contain the core answer. So maybe questions you thought you got disastriously wrong may actually be right, because the questions on that paper today had many different scopes.
    I pray you're right!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sumeyyatontus)
    Really do you think they could go that low?? I hope so!
    Yes.. compare the one we did today in hindsight .. much harder. So yh .. 49 approx . Trust me ..😉

ReputationRep:
    How much would you rate the difficulty of this paper out of 5, with 5 as most difficult.

ReputationRep:
    The value of RQ is infinity during anaerobic respiration because CO2 is produced but O2 is not utilised.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mango88)
    For the RQ value I thought it would decrease because the co2 value would increase and a big number over a small number is a small number????
    it was co2 formed/o2 used i think

big/small = big (e.g. 5/1 = 5)
    small/big = small (e.g. 1/5 = 0.2)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrKillerX)
    Haha, you should be fine then. But just to clarify there is nothing to do with Antidiuretic hormone.
    I feel like both answers a right? I put ADH as diabetics definitely don't release as much ADH as I did a question similar before on a previous paper! But both seem to make sense... I also found it online :

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Diabete...roduction.aspx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edenjxde)
    it was co2 formed/o2 used i think

big/small = big (e.g. 5/1 = 5)
    small/big = small (e.g. 1/5 = 0.2)
    Damn

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.