Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Warning! Stay away from the "What do you love about being European?" thread! Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Longshot700)
    Stupid thing to say, that's like saying high voltage signs are clearly drawing attention to being shocked.
    Yeah but they're official warnings from trained personnel, you're a boy on the internet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Slutty Salafi)
    Yeah but they're official warnings from trained personnel, you're a boy on the internet.
    SO are you.

ReputationRep:
    SO are you.
    I didn't make this thread though
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    All gone!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheIr0nDuke)
    Is someone triggered?
    It's more the fact that this site is aimed at minors. Yeah, sure, there's people in their 20s on here, but it's still aimed at students. There's kids on here that haven't even picked their GCSEs yet. If you want to post photos like that, go do it on reddit.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure he will return.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iEthan)
    All gone!
    Name:  1lNPqg.png
Views: 68
Size:  313.4 KB

Click the image to make it larger.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Name:  1lNPqg.png
Views: 68
Size:  313.4 KB

Click the image to make it larger.
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HotFlash)
    I'm sure he will return.
    Then we'll keep on him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ElspethC)
    It's more the fact that this site is aimed at minors. Yeah, sure, there's people in their 20s on here, but it's still aimed at students. There's kids on here that haven't even picked their GCSEs yet. If you want to post photos like that, go do it on reddit.
    Reddit is more sensible and better moderated than here lol

ReputationRep:
    Some guy called "The Fuhrer" is spamming extremely gory and sickening pictures throughout the last 3 pages and a bit.

If you see a link to the thread, do not click it.
    [iEthan] this is why we should have the power to close our own thread in case it gets hijacked. if this scenario the OP can close thread quickly instead of waiting 1-2-3 days for the mod to respond
    • PS Reviewer
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Study Helper
    The thread in question has been removed. If anyone sees anything like that again, please flag it up to me or one of the Section Leaders and we'll deal with it, along with using the report function :yep:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by HucktheForde)
    [iEthan] this is why we should have the power to close our own thread in case it gets hijacked. if this scenario the OP can close thread quickly instead of waiting 1-2-3 days for the mod to respond
    Thanks for the suggestion! This is simply out of my control :erm: — if you do have site/feature suggestions… take a look here!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HucktheForde)
    Or make me a community assistant. :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the warning, OP! Even at the grand old age of 25 I still don't want to see disturbing graphic content when I randomly click on a thread.

It's not just a case of minors being on this forum - there are people with PTSD and other conditions for whom seeing sudden graphic content could pose a real problem.

ReputationRep:
    Seems like the guy has been banned

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mscaffrey)
    Thanks for the warning, OP! Even at the grand old age of 25 I still don't want to see disturbing graphic content when I randomly click on a thread.

It's not just a case of minors being on this forum - there are people with PTSD and other conditions for whom seeing sudden graphic content could pose a real problem.
    think of the elderly users too...
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    Seems like the guy has been banned
    :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mscaffrey)

This ^^^

Just because you might not find it bad, doesn't mean everyone else is the same. Pretty selfish to think otherwise, imo
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    I'm glad I didn't have to witness this.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 28, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.