Turn on thread page Beta

Guy asked me out but he's 5 years older? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    There are no 'bad' age gaps. The only question that really matters here is whether you are going to seize what you desire or allow social conformity to deprive you and in my opinion, that's a bit sad.
    There is theoretically no difference between a 13 year old dating an 18 year old and an 18 year old dating a 23 year old according to your logic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Bit pathetic for a 23 year old man to go out with an 18 year old, I'd say.
    He should have his life sorted out by then, but evidently he doesnt - as instead he's dating teens..
    Jealous much??

ReputationRep:
    who cares?
    I went out with an only just 17 year old when I was 20 going on 21
    and I literally never even thought about our age difference and I don't think she did either - we were working at the same place
    so if I didn't even consider it with 3 or so years difference, why should you with 5? especially since you're both adults
    if it was something like 13 and 18 then I'd say that was a different consideration, although, again, people can do what they want

ReputationRep:
    I think that primarily go with what you feel comfortable with. As long as both are consenting adults where no abuse of trust or authority is made then there is no reason why there cant be a 20 year age gap. Its to do with being old enough to understand what you're getting yourself into and being old enough to consent to it. Some people are grossed out by larger age gaps than others because they are uncomfortable with it themselves - so do what you want as long as its legal and YOU want it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So my brother's best friend asked me out last week (we've liked each other for a while now) and I really really like him but he's 23 and I'm 18?

Is that a bad age gap or is it ok?
    Surely it's your decision based on whether you like him or not? I don't really understand why you'd want random people on the internet to influence you either way.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't even slightly care. :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oliver_94)
    There is theoretically no difference between a 13 year old dating an 18 year old and an 18 year old dating a 23 year old according to your logic.
    Naturally i only encourage legal courses of action.

(Original post by Dheorl)
    Jealous much??
    Not in the slightest, I have a beautiful girlfriend who I'm very happy with.
    I'm merely speaking the truth.
    I'm 19, and I know the exact direction I'm going in life, whereas he's dating kiddies utter manlet

ReputationRep:
    So my brother's best friend asked me out last week (we've liked each other for a while now) and I really really like him but he's 23 and I'm 18?

Is that a bad age gap or is it ok?
    that ok, compared to my parents they have a 17 year age gap (40 and 23 when they married) and one of there friend had a huge age gap (18 and 43 when they met now there divorced with two kids but she 42 and he's 70)

ReputationRep:
    Naturally i only encourage legal courses of action.
    Come Rakas, what a damn cop-out. You know the law is fickle. Why is that particular course of action not one you recommend?

ReputationRep:
    Bit pathetic for a 23 year old man to go out with an 18 year old, I'd say.
    He should have his life sorted out by then, but evidently he doesnt - as instead he's dating teens..
    Bitter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TorpidPhil)
    Come Rakas, what a damn cop-out. You know the law is fickle. Why is that particular course of action not one you recommend?
    The whole point is to obey the law.

ReputationRep:
    Only asking because a few of my friends have been saying its weird and stuff.
    I think they're jealous and would defo go for and older guy if they could.

(not old as in like 30 but older than them)

(Original post by Kashmir Skirt)
    Bitter.
    Not in the slightest, it's disgusting

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TorpidPhil)
    Because the consequence is becoming Buba's ***** in prison.

ReputationRep:
    Because the consequence is becoming Buba's ***** in prison.
    So if it wasn't against the law and thus there were no judicial consequences of any sort for it...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 30, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.