Turn on thread page Beta

About question in AQA AS Eng Lang Paper 2 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    In Paper 2, if they give a transcript of a spoken dialogue consisting of a dialect, what should I say about and how can I link the features to the researches?

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Depa)
    Hi,
    In Paper 2, if they give a transcript of a spoken dialogue consisting of a dialect, what should I say about and how can I link the features to the researches?

Thanks!
    Hi

You can say something along the lines of phonology and lexis specific to that area I guess (I'm not too sure, but I guess it might work!)

I did AS last year and I came out with a high B in the exam, heaven knows how!

If you need anymore help, let me know!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Depa)
    Hi,

Thanks!
    I must admit, this isn't most smartest question on TSR. You cannot possibly know the answer to this without knowing the exam question.

However, what you should know for this paper is spoken language linguistic tool-kit and of course, everything about dialect and accents. Usually, these things will be linked to social class and/or gender. So it is useful to know things about this!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 2, 2016

University open days

1. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  2. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
  3. Birmingham City University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.