Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,
    I am an international postgraduate student.
    Since Opal is a little bit higher than my budget, now I am looking for some halls and houses those not run by UoL. (I know SULETS runs by student union)

Considering the location and rent, I'd like to know more about these properties, for example the soundproof, the central-heating, the external window, safety... If there's some photo not provided by the house agency, please kindly share your experience!

Here's some options I am curious about,
    SULETS : Regent Court (89 / pw), Queens Court (79 / pw)
    HOMES for Students : Ben Russell Court (89 / pw)
    Mezzino : York House (79 / pw), Millstone House (?? / pw), Pennine House (?? / pw)
    Westmanor : Oxford House (80 / pw)
    (And the gereral ranking : Regent >> York / Queens / Millstone / Pennine / Oxford >> Ben Russell)

Personally, I'd like to contact SULETS for Regent Court. However, I won't arrive Leicester until September, I am a little worried that I will loose the chance at that time. Do you have any advice about this situation? Do I need to arrive Leicester earlier than September and book a tour?

Or any other suggestion, looking forward to hear from you

ReputationRep:
    I just accepted an offer to leicester and looking into Sulets too. Hopefully you hear back from someone about this soon because i'm curious as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ineart1)
    Hi everyone,
    I am an international postgraduate student.
    Since Opal is a little bit higher than my budget, now I am looking for some halls and houses those not run by UoL. (I know SULETS runs by student union)

Considering the location and rent, I'd like to know more about these properties, for example the soundproof, the central-heating, the external window, safety... If there's some photo not provided by the house agency, please kindly share your experience!

Here's some options I am curious about,
    SULETS : Regent Court (89 / pw), Queens Court (79 / pw)
    HOMES for Students : Ben Russell Court (89 / pw)
    Mezzino : York House (79 / pw), Millstone House (?? / pw), Pennine House (?? / pw)
    Westmanor : Oxford House (80 / pw)
    (And the gereral ranking : Regent >> York / Queens / Millstone / Pennine / Oxford >> Ben Russell)

Personally, I'd like to contact SULETS for Regent Court. However, I won't arrive Leicester until September, I am a little worried that I will loose the chance at that time. Do you have any advice about this situation? Do I need to arrive Leicester earlier than September and book a tour?

Or any other suggestion, looking forward to hear from you
    Hey, I'm in the same position this year. Where did you end up going and how was it?

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I have finalized my accommodation with HOMES for Students : Ben Russell Court. Just please check their official website as prices may vary from (89 / pw) according to the student allocation and room types.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.