The Student Room Group

Grade leniency with achieved grades?

I've decided that I no longer want to study the course that I have applied for, I now wish to do Maths. Would I still be considered If I was to achieve A*AB and a uni wants AAA? In Maths, Further Maths and a science respectively. The universities in question do not say AAA or equivalent.
Original post by Lucasium
I've decided that I no longer want to study the course that I have applied for, I now wish to do Maths. Would I still be considered If I was to achieve A*AB and a uni wants AAA? In Maths, Further Maths and a science respectively. The universities in question do not say AAA or equivalent.

If they don't say equivalent, it would really depend on what the B was in and what other applicants got.
Best thing to do is email them but if it's a really competitive course then probably not as they want consistency.
Nobody can answer that specifically but most universities will accept you especially if the A* is in Maths and the A is in Further Maths. There are exceptions like Oxbridge, Imperial, Durham, Warwick and Bath and maybe a couple more but some give you a lower offer if you study Further Maths. Lancaster is an example of this.

Quick Reply

Latest