Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I met a guy 3 years ago on a night out through mutual friends. He came on a bit too much and I snapped at him. I apologised to him when I next saw him when he was next out which he was fine.

Over time we got to know each other and had lots in common. Months later I told him I liked him and he said he had lost interest and that I had my chance back then. His comment made me realise he had not let that go.

After that we always had nice chats and he seemed interested. He added me on Facebook on New Years Day last year which surprised me. In November 2015 we strangely got matched on eHarmony. He saw my profile so I messaged him, he sent an automated response saying he 'wanted to get to know me' but did not respond to the message. I closed the match down a week later as he was supposed to come out with mutual friends but chose to go out in his hometown instead. He knew I would be out so I felt he can't have been that interested. Friends have since said him saying he wanted to get to know me was his response - I feel sick now I have realised that.

Today I deleted Facebook messenger as I keep using my phone too much, an hour later he deactivated his Facebook profile. I just don't know what is going on, I know he is shy and I know I might have been in a rush to close the match down. Anyone got any advice as I am sick of this ongoing situation which I find quite upsetting.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure what you want to happen. Do you want to get to know him better, and do you like him? If so, reach out to him and spend more time with him. If not, don't.

I would like to be his girlfriend but these situations keep going wrong and I don't know if it is because of my behaviour, his or both.

ReputationRep:
    If he likes you he will go for you. Seems like you are waiting for him to move. Forget that guy and find one that will totally give you attention.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellej93)
    If he likes you he will go for you. Seems like you are waiting for him to move. Forget that guy and find one that will totally give you attention.
    The guy feels he already did go for her and got shot down. Hurting his pride and ego a bit. But it also shows some self-worth I think, he's not going to pine after a girl that's told him to back off.

The rest is a little confusing, but like I said he seems to be quite proud so maybe that's why.

OP you've got to know what you want. If you want to get to know him and date him, tell him straight up to his face. But you've got to be sure that's what you want. Give him an ultimatum, say you're not sure what's going on but you want to get to know him better, so if he wants to, great but if he doesn't then that'll be it and you'll put it to rest.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 28, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.