Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I am an EU student, already getting tuition fee loan, which I will also get next academic year.
    I now qualify as a EU migrant worker. I would like to apply for maintenance loan as a EU migrant work for next academic year 2016/17 to cover my living costs (as I am living in London without my family), but I couldn't find the application form for it. Could you tell me how to apply?

Thanks!

Madiha
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Madiha15)
    Hello,

I am an EU student, already getting tuition fee loan, which I will also get next academic year.
    I now qualify as a EU migrant worker. I would like to apply for maintenance loan as a EU migrant work for next academic year 2016/17 to cover my living costs (as I am living in London without my family), but I couldn't find the application form for it. Could you tell me how to apply?

Thanks!

Madiha
    You apply online here: https://www.gov.uk/apply-online-for-student-finance

You need your NI number to apply- as a migrant worker you should have had an NI number assigned when you started working and earning.

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I entered my account details, but it shows "There are currently no higher education applications available.", and also, I've seen on gov.uk that EU students have to apply by sending forms by post - however, I couldn't find the maintenance loan form for EU students on gov.uk
    Could you please guide me? Thanks very much

Madiha
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Madiha15)
    Hello,

I entered my account details, but it shows "There are currently no higher education applications available.", and also, I've seen on gov.uk that EU students have to apply by sending forms by post - however, I couldn't find the maintenance loan form for EU students on gov.uk
    Could you please guide me? Thanks very much

Madiha
    It might be that the application system is down.

Paper forms for EU students only apply to tuition fee loans only. They don't include any financial assessment. If you are applying for a maintenance loan as well as tuition fee loan then you apply using the same route as any other English resident.

If you encounter errors or messages you don't understand then you need to phone the SFE helpline where they can investigate properly.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.