The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Edinburgh Geography

Hello

I am in the midst of choosing between either St Andrews or Edinburgh to do MA Geography ( I'm more humanities than science) . Could anyone currently studying a Edinburgh tell me how they find the course, teaching ect? Which one should I go for?

Thanks!
I'm in the same position as you. I can't decide between St Andrews and Edinburgh for BSc Geography :/
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 2
Original post by slothonist
I'm in the same position as you. I can't decide between St Andrews and Edinburgh for BSc Geography :/

At least I'm not the only one! I'm going up to Edinburgh in a couple of weeks to a geography applicant thing, so hopefully I'll have made up my mind. Do you have an inclination of which one you'll go for?
Original post by Kelmanator
At least I'm not the only one! I'm going up to Edinburgh in a couple of weeks to a geography applicant thing, so hopefully I'll have made up my mind. Do you have an inclination of which one you'll go for?

Yeah, im going to the applicant day next week to get a feel for the place :smile:
Until yesterday i was set on going for Edinburgh, but after going to the St Andrews visiting day I'm not sure anymore!
What about you, do you have any idea of which one you'll go for?
Reply 4
I got offers from both of them too, but I chose Edinburgh because I love living in a city. I know it, because I grew up in a city and at 16 I moved to a boarding school which is in the middle of nowhere (that is, North Yorkshire coast, somewhere among the sheep and cows) and it is kind of suffocating here.

I've heard that St Andrews is for people who like small, remote, romantic places.
Edinburgh is, well, a city. You get all kinds of stuff there, but it's a bit more... loud. Luckily not as loud as London.
Reply 5
Original post by Loony_26
I got offers from both of them too, but I chose Edinburgh because I love living in a city. I know it, because I grew up in a city and at 16 I moved to a boarding school which is in the middle of nowhere (that is, North Yorkshire coast, somewhere among the sheep and cows) and it is kind of suffocating here.

I've heard that St Andrews is for people who like small, remote, romantic places.
Edinburgh is, well, a city. You get all kinds of stuff there, but it's a bit more... loud. Luckily not as loud as London.

That's interesting, thanks for sharing. Have you only just chosen Edinburgh or have you been there a while? I'm leaning towards Edinburgh because it's a great city and lots of things to do besides studying. My concern at St Andrews would be that I'd have a good first year but then find the place a bit too small and claustrophobic. I come from a small town deprived of pretty much everything, so it would be a good change to go somewhere decent. However, the course is a factor too, as I think I'd be more inclined to enjoy the course at St Andrews more. A difficult decision!

Quick Reply

Latest