Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How do I move on in this relationship?? Watch

ReputationRep:
    So basically, me and this girl have been friends for a long time, although it's only recently that we have gotten much closer. So close in fact that she asked me to the sixth form ball NEXT year
    Now here is where it gets tricky, through the conversations we have had, she has told me that she thinks I am wonderful, lovely and very attractive. At another point, I made a joke that she friendzoned me but she assured that I would never find myself in that position with her. (Ask her out already you're thinking).
    Plot Twist, she has a boyfriend.
    Another Plot Twist, she's really amazing, and her mum adores me.
    To make things even more fun, I asked her whether she would go out with me if she were single, and she said yes.
    So how do I advance?
    I REALLY like her and I'd rather not wait for them to split up as that could take ages.
    Any ideas?? Thank you
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by CamJam33)
    So basically, me and this girl have been friends for a long time, although it's only recently that we have gotten much closer. So close in fact that she asked me to the sixth form ball NEXT year
    Now here is where it gets tricky, through the conversations we have had, she has told me that she thinks I am wonderful, lovely and very attractive. At another point, I made a joke that she friendzoned me but she assured that I would never find myself in that position with her. (Ask her out already you're thinking).
    Plot Twist, she has a boyfriend.
    Another Plot Twist, she's really amazing, and her mum adores me.
    To make things even more fun, I asked her whether she would go out with me if she were single, and she said yes.
    So how do I advance?
    I REALLY like her and I'd rather not wait for them to split up as that could take ages.
    Any ideas?? Thank you
    As she has a boyfriend, doing any more than telling her how you feel would be inappropriate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    As she has a boyfriend, doing any more than telling her how you feel would be inappropriate.
    Solid advice, thank you
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Think its easy and more or less what claire said. Remind her she has a bf and youd never interfer in that. Ofc you already have and why isnt she taking bf to prom? If shes single then ofc all to play for, but she isnt so leave alone.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 28, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.