MSc Computer Science vs Data Science vs Business Analytics

Watch
Andersen94
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi everyone,

I have been looking at MSc courses related to computer science and data recently.
I'm doing a BA (Hons) in Economics and Mathematics at the moment, so I'm looking for something which does not require a Bachelor in Computer Science, but it might have some other quantitative entry requirements.

Which of the below do you think would be best for a future career options?

I don't know if I want to work with programming or simply with analytics, but figured that programming skills are always useful and I find programming very fun with the basic stuff I've done so far (Python and Stata in class as well as some beginner Java on the side).

KCL - MSc Data Science (Does anyone know where to find information on specific modules taught on the course?)
Imperial - MSc Business Analytics
UCL/Bristol - MSc Computer Science (conversion)

Thank you!
BillSheikh1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hey bud, I've been looking into similar courses to convert into the programming field. I did like the look of the Bristol course, plus Bristol is a great place.

I'm applying for the Msc Computer Science at Kent University at the moment. It's also a conversion course and they have their module details online if you want to have a gander.

Also University of Hertfordshire also does a conversion course (for technical/numeric backgrounds).
z0mgSoCool
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Anyone here know if the MSc at York University for Computer Science with Data Analytics is any good?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (177)
44.36%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (43)
10.78%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (32)
8.02%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (85)
21.3%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (39)
9.77%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (23)
5.76%

Watched Threads