Turn on thread page Beta

MSc Computer Science vs Data Science vs Business Analytics watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

I have been looking at MSc courses related to computer science and data recently.
    I'm doing a BA (Hons) in Economics and Mathematics at the moment, so I'm looking for something which does not require a Bachelor in Computer Science, but it might have some other quantitative entry requirements.

Which of the below do you think would be best for a future career options?

I don't know if I want to work with programming or simply with analytics, but figured that programming skills are always useful and I find programming very fun with the basic stuff I've done so far (Python and Stata in class as well as some beginner Java on the side).

KCL - MSc Data Science (Does anyone know where to find information on specific modules taught on the course?)
    Imperial - MSc Business Analytics
    UCL/Bristol - MSc Computer Science (conversion)

Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Hey bud, I've been looking into similar courses to convert into the programming field. I did like the look of the Bristol course, plus Bristol is a great place.

I'm applying for the Msc Computer Science at Kent University at the moment. It's also a conversion course and they have their module details online if you want to have a gander.

Also University of Hertfordshire also does a conversion course (for technical/numeric backgrounds).

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.