Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

So I'm going to uni this September, and I'm thinking of getting a vibrator to take with me. Should I get one that's specifically designed to be silent/quiet, or just go for a normal cheaper one? Also, should I just get one from a normal shop (I know Boots and Superdrug do cheap ones in the same section as condoms and lube) or go to Ann Summers or whatever so I can talk to someone about the best one for me?

Also, if someone did hear it (I'll be in ensuite in catered halls) would that even be an issue? Would people mention it? Or would everyone just ignore it?

...yeah, I have a lot of questions.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Anne Summers are.. not the best place to buy anything as so much of the stuff they stock is there only because of the profit margin. LoveHoney are much better.

The thickness of the walls varies greatly from place to place. Whether or not you care about possibly being overheard is up to you, but playing some music will hide most noises.

ReputationRep:
    First world problems

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've been to Ann Summers and bought some from there. The noise can make you paranoid though, as when I lived in the family home I used to use them and got wary of others. Once, it turned out that my Brother was in a room not far from where I was and asked what I'd been doing (I'd put loud music on too!). Even though I live alone now, I still get paranoid, as people in other studio flats in the house could hear, as you can hear people's TVs. Oh well lol. You might find that Love Honey has a better selection though. I got paranoid that someone viewing my bank statement would Google what the statement said (It says something more discreet on your statement than the company's name), so luckily I found out that Amazon sell Love Honey products so just bought one from there, saving me from embarrassing questions about my Bank statement. Just need to make sure nobody's about when I go over past orders on my Amazon account. Let us know how it goes. You could get advice from people in Ann Summers as they're more clued up on specific products x

ReputationRep:
    Just go for it and enjoy. Most vibes aren't that loud. Check out Lovehoney and the item reviews before you buy from this popular company. 😎

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 6, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.