Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Where to buy gift hamper / basket for my gf? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I want to get a gift hamper / basket for my gf - either a toiletries or a food one.

anyone know any good sites?

ideally want one where the food / toiletries are a bit different to what you would normally see /expect.

ReputationRep:
    Ask Google, buddy.

ReputationRep:
    No idea what your girlfriend likes, but Body Shop usually has some great gift baskets with different toiletries. They're a decent brand (I use some of their products myself), and the price is good.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by FinalSolution)
    I want to get a gift hamper / basket for my gf - either a toiletries or a food one.

anyone know any good sites?

ideally want one where the food / toiletries are a bit different to what you would normally see /expect.
    Notonthehighstreet.com has things that are a little different

ReputationRep:
    All the big department stores do them but you can also buy a basket and items yourself? Would you consider creating one? Maybe symbolising something special to you both e.g if you go to Cornwall a lot you could include Cornish products?

ReputationRep:
    Harrods they do deliveries to your door.

ReputationRep:
    Lush have fantastic gift sets

ReputationRep:
    John Lewis would be my first port of call, I imagine :top2:

Spoiler:
    Show
    ..were I minded to lavish bints with such trinkets :scrooge:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blondie987)
    Lush have fantastic gift sets
    Oh no. Don't get her Lush unless you want to kill both of your senses of smell.
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    It's nice to have bits and bobs from everywhere rather than a load of things from just one place .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vonbroten)
    Oh no. Don't get her Lush unless you want to kill both of your senses of smell.
    No way! Lush is the best! Also completely cruelty free unlike most companies
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Google is your friend. plenty of small businesses or better still assemble your own and put soem thought into it with things shed like.

ReputationRep:
    Try Marks and Spencers they have lovely hampers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blondie987)
    No way! Lush is the best! Also completely cruelty free unlike most companies
    I almost faint whenever I enter their stores with friends, because of the horrible perfumes. Cruelty free products and veganism is important to me as well, but I wouldn't for the life of me buy anything from Lush.

OP. If you or your girlfriend has a keen sense of smell/a sensitive nose, my guess is that neither of you would like Lush' perfumed products.

ReputationRep:
    I almost faint whenever I enter their stores with friends, because of the horrible perfumes. Cruelty free products and veganism is important to me as well, but I wouldn't for the life of me buy anything from Lush.

OP. If you or your girlfriend has a keen sense of smell/a sensitive nose, my guess is that neither of you would like Lush' perfumed products.
    Agree!! I think you need to be careful OP you don't want to fall into the distant relative Christmas present zone. There are certain things I would be disappointed to get because I'd never use them, like Lush. I know other people love it but I can't stand the smell.

ReputationRep:
    Fortnum and Mason?
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad

I believe The Body Shop and Neal's Yard provide the best body products. Lush is only good for bath bombs, aha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thecatwithnohat)
    I believe The Body Shop and Neal's Yard provide the best body products. Lush is only good for bath bombs, aha.
    Agree with you on the Body Shop part. Never heard of Neal's Yard, but I'll check it out.
    Personally I really like ELDE cosmetics. The price is decent as well.

ReputationRep:
    Lush do make some lovely gift sets, the shop is overpowering but that's because it's a **** tonne of products in one place. Keeping a few at a time in your bathroom is fine.

If lush isn't her thing, Burt Bees do some lovely sets too, as do the Body Shop and Soap and Glory.

If cruelty free is an issue your girlfriend would want you to consider, Lush is definitely cruelty free, I believe Soap and Glory is and The Body Shop and Burts Bees are technically themselves cruelty free, however they are owned by parent companies that aren't. You can check out websites such as Logical Harmony and Leaping Bunny more information on cruelty free brands.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Lush do some really good gift baskets with all sorts of soaps and bath bombs in them. They are expensive but with it
    You could always add some of your gf's fave sweets or chocolates to the hamper as well.
    Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.