Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Brilliant ITV documentary on Saudi Arabia and the UK's support for the regime.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, I shall have to watch this.

It is terrible really that our government continues to support, finance and arm Saudi Arabia. We are nothing short of responsible for the spread of Islamism and the deaths of Yemeni citizens because of our continued support of the Saudi regime.

ReputationRep:
    Disgusting regime in my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    Thought this was going to be a racist thread about a man pulling a girls burqa

ReputationRep:
    a **** hole, wahabbism 99% overtaken it but rather have what exists atm, than another Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Syria, Egypt etc. etc. For the last few months American newspapers have been criticising the regime heavily, I guess it's next on the list of Muslim places to be destroyed

ReputationRep:
    I remember watching that. Really opened my eyes as I had no idea any of that was going on.

ReputationRep:
    The video doesn't even work.

Can someone fill me in with what really happened?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Attempt)
    The video doesn't even work.

Can someone fill me in with what really happened?
    Basically public beheadings in the street. Sentencing teenagers to death for protesting. They're an extremely wealthy nation with incredibly dated idealisms and we're helping to fund it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lizardlenny)
    Basically public beheadings in the street. Sentencing teenagers to death for protesting. They're an extremely wealthy nation with incredibly dated idealisms and we're helping to fund it!
    Been happening for a while now.

Funny how there are so many terrorist groups established aided and funded by the west.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lizardlenny)
    You also funded ISIS and the Taliban

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by interact)
    You also funded ISIS and the Taliban

They don't fund the Taliban anymore.

That ended in 2012.

Keep up.

ReputationRep:
    They don't fund the Taliban anymore.

That ended in 2012.

Keep up.
    Is funded in the past or present tense? Go learn your tenses

ReputationRep:
    Is funded in the past or present tense? Go learn your tenses
    I read 'fund' tbh

ReputationRep:
    I read 'fund' tbh
    Ok but ye u are right, the war mongerers are not funding Gladstones Saudi created 'Taliban' in afganistan anymore (in Syria they are) now it's the government paedophiles and drug smugglers they're looking after, while they use drones to mentally torture afghan kids, whose parents they've blown up while they were trying to grow some food. sometimes they join in with the paedophilia, not surprising when they rape their own soilders

ReputationRep:
    Ok but ye u are right, the war mongerers are not funding Gladstones Saudi created 'Taliban' in afganistan anymore (in Syria they are) now it's the government paedophiles and drug smugglers they're looking after, while they use drones to mentally torture afghan kids, whose parents they've blown up while they were trying to grow some food. sometimes they join in with the paedophilia, not surprising when they rape their own soilders

Did you read the documents about how American soldiers in Afghanistan were told not to make a fuss about afghani men raping young boys in a practise they called "Bachi bazi" because it's part of their culture, or how the Christian soldiers were told to burn their Bibles when they got there as not to offend the afghan people?

ReputationRep:
    Did you read the documents about how American soldiers in Afghanistan were told not to make a fuss about afghani men raping young boys in a practise they called "Bachi bazi" because it's part of their culture, or how the Christian soldiers were told to burn their Bibles when they got there as not to offend the afghan people?
    Their fault, if they hadn't supported wahabbism, they wouldn't have had to burn their bibles.

ReputationRep:
    You guys are missing the point. There's two elements to the Saudi government; the religious branch and the business branch (not official names but it's how it works in principle).

The religious branch adheres to salafiyyah/wahhabism sect of Islam (involving the scholars). Whilst the business branch (politicians) cares not much for following the religion but more to do with making money. They'll compromise any religious rulings so they can make a bit of profit eg funding the terrorists.

Hope that makes sense. Wahhabism/salafiyyah scholars have nothing to do with funding the terrorists which is something that the politicians and businessmen are not ashamed to do because they only care about the moolah. Stop making links that aren't there

ReputationRep:
    The real question is to what extent western countries like the US and the UK will continue to support the corrupt and profoundly anti-democratic Saudi royal rule - it's a feudal aristocratic oligarchy controlling a vast lake of wealth - just because they buy a lot of weapons systems from us.

Meanwhile, in the US, progress continues on declassifying the 9/11 documents that show that some of the terrorists met with Saudi agents and were aided and abetted by elements in the Saudi government.
    http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2016/...jackers-in-la/

Perhaps one day the full truth will come out and the US will get to explain why it continues to support a regime capable of ordering acts of mass murder within US territory.

ReputationRep:
    Video no longer available due to a copyright claim by Hardcash Productions Ltd. :rolleyes:

There's no question about whose money got it removed.

ReputationRep:
    The link isn't working

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.