Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

When will the government address Islamophobia? watch

ReputationRep:
    Islam and it's followers are being attacked all the time yet the government ignores this, will anyone actually address this threat we all face?

ReputationRep:
    They won't address it because most of it isn't reported, so it doesn't seem 'too' significant.
    But its like racism; big issue, and people are often attacked, as you say, but its not something that is resolved even though its existed for many more years.

ReputationRep:
    How would you propose to "Address" Islamophobia.

It isn't illegal to criticise religion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drunken Bard)
    How would you propose to "Address" Islamophobia.

It isn't illegal to criticise religion.
    The OP has stated on several threads he believes any criticism at all of Islam should be met with a jail sentence, he's beyond help.

ReputationRep:
    Islamophobia is a made-up word.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oliver_94)
    Islam and it's followers are being attacked all the time yet the government ignores this, will anyone actually address this threat we all face?
    When Muslims in the uk join fully in western culture the issue will be solved

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paul514)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh no you've had it now!!!

Prepare to join the list.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3984077

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    How haven't they integrated? I would like to see you in an emergency situation where you refuse to be treated by a Muslim medic. Or maybe the Asian guy in the corner shop refuses to serve you. Perhaps the cab driver refuses to drop you off. Maybe it's just that you're sick of all (every single one of them) of the British muslims bombing different parts of the UK up on a daily basis. Them muslims helping out in the floods; it's all part of their plan to befriend us and then blow us all up with one big nuke, right? Amirite??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Butternuts96)
    How haven't they integrated? I would like to see you in an emergency situation where you refuse to be treated by a Muslim medic. Or maybe the Asian guy in the corner shop refuses to serve you. Perhaps the cab driver refuses to drop you off. Maybe it's just that you're sick of all (every single one of them) of the British muslims bombing different parts of the UK up on a daily basis. Them muslims helping out in the floods; it's all part of their plan to befriend us and then blow us all up with one big nuke, right? Amirite??
    Hyperbolic

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    What about jews? They are being threatened by Muslims across Europe, yet no government will address the problem. I'm afraid it's your attitude that is the problem. Your attitude of censorship is extremely worrying, and if a government were to do what you say, I would just emigrate as it's that serious a threat.

ReputationRep:
    Define it.

ReputationRep:
    "Islamophobia (or anti-Muslim sentiment) is the prejudice against, hatred or bigotry towards, or fear of the religion of Islam or Muslims"
    for reference "Antisemitism (also spelled anti-Semitism or anti-semitism) is prejudice against, hatred of, or discrimination against Jews as an ethnic, religious, or racial group"

I am vehemently against Islamaphobia the same way I am against Antisemitism. There should not be a double standard.

ReputationRep:
    while I don't agree with attacking people who follow islam can you blame us for being a little worried about what some (not all) muslims might do.

ReputationRep:
    Islamophobia is a nonsense term, because it encompasses 2 very different concepts.

Islamophobia is defined as dislike or prejudice against Islam or Muslims

Prejudice against Muslims is discriminatory. It is morally reprehensible and legally sanctionable. It is already illegal to harass or incite hate speech against Muslims, their right to freely practice their religion is uninhibited and there is a stigma attached to anti-Muslim sentiment. Enough is already being done about anti-Muslim feeling.

But prejudice and dislike of Islam does not need to be addressed, it needs to be welcomed. No ideology is sacrosanct or exempt from criticism. And with so many objectionable precepts of Islam, anyone who considers themselves at all liberal or attached to Western values should be critical of Islam.

Islamophobia is a word which attempts to conflate criticism of Islam with homophobia or racism and in so doing stifle criticism or debate on Islam.

It is a nonsense term, and the sooner it falls out of use the better.

ReputationRep:
    They are. There are all manner of laws to imprison and charge people for criticizing and discriminating against Islam and/or Muslims.

ReputationRep:
    When will Muslims address extremism?

ReputationRep:

I do not believe it is necessary, political correctness has gone way to far- I know this is very off topic but my mate got banned from football for chanting "We heard you ran from an aids test". Lets get back on topic Islamaphobia is a crime so is discriminating against any other religion- It is part of the equality act and religion and race is is covered by the act, so they are legally equal to white British people. Also racial aggrivation is a crime- but i really understand the frustrations some people have with Islam - they take religion far to seriously. Islam is attacked by the Media more than anything but i disagree with letting thousands of muslims or asylum seekers to Britain- It will increase the threat to National Security and this is because the more muslims we let in the higher the chance of ISIS becoming operational and expanding into the UK- I already believe there is radical muslims here. I have notvoiced much of an opinion here, and i bet I will still get a warning about this post, Like i did for saying Eastern European football fans would kick the **** out of Afghanis in the toughest ethnic group thread

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Bang on- A lot of them love the sound of England and then despise it. Just the other day i heard two muslims on the bus speaking about how great Pakistan is compared to England - if they love Pakistan so much why didn't they stay there, and if anyone says for economical reasons and getting a job a lot of muslim women come here to fleece our welfare (ones over the age of 50)

Government can do whatever he wants, it wont change people's mind actually :/
    I mean, Islamophobia is a feeling , at least a way of thinking. So even if the government does something, it would not change people inside I guess

ReputationRep:
    No offense, but other religions are constantly rediculed and people attacked as well, it's not not documented in the media - why should only Islam be addressed?
    Ive never heard of Christianphobia/Hinduphobia etc. so why is Islamophobia a supposed thing??

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.