Turn on thread page Beta

GCSE Computing - best way of revising? watch

ReputationRep:
    I've been making revision notes in a question and answer format, using the specification and Hodder textbook (which I don't like either), also adding notes from some of the revision resources my teacher gave us. I have the key words for each section on there too, which I'll probably try to learn later using Quizlet. I've been doing my notes on Google docs, if you want to have a look. My teacher also gave us a collection of past paper questions, in a format where each sheet has six questions and you're supposed to do one sheet each day. I think it also helps to do a past paper and to look really carefully at the mark scheme to work out what they're looking for.

If you need more resources, Teach-ICT has a section on A451. There is also a Hodder revision guide on Amazon, but it is probably similar to the textbook so if you don't like the textbook, there's not much point getting it.

I'm lucky enough to have a good computing teacher, but we started with a teacher that didn't really teach us anything relevant to the course. Our teacher has started offering sweets for answering questions correctly in revision lessons.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lelanor)
    I've been making revision notes in a question and answer format, using the specification and Hodder textbook (which I don't like either), also adding notes from some of the revision resources my teacher gave us. I have the key words for each section on there too, which I'll probably try to learn later using Quizlet. I've been doing my notes on Google docs, if you want to have a look. My teacher also gave us a collection of past paper questions, in a format where each sheet has six questions and you're supposed to do one sheet each day. I think it also helps to do a past paper and to look really carefully at the mark scheme to work out what they're looking for.

If you need more resources,Teach-ICT has a section on A451. There is also a Hodder revision guide on Amazon, but it is probably similar to the textbook so if you don't like the textbook, there's not much point getting it.

I'm lucky enough to have a good computing teacher, but we started with a teacher that didn't really teach us anything relevant to the course. Our teacher has started offering sweets for answering questions correctly in revision lessons.

thank you very much for this. I checked out the tech-ICT site, it looks really useful. i'll definitely use it to help with revision.

also, I checked out your google doc revision resource....and wow dude. Wow.
    These notes are like gold - they're perfect, thank you (:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZiggyStarDust_)
    thank you very much for this. I checked out the tech-ICT site, it looks really useful. i'll definitely use it to help with revision.

also, I checked out your google doc revision resource....and wow dude. Wow.
    These notes are like gold - they're perfect, thank you (:
    Hopefully I'll get them finished in the next couple of weeks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lelanor)
    There is also a Hodder revision guide on Amazon, but it is probably similar to the textbook so if you don't like the textbook, there's not much point getting it.
    I have the revision guide and it's a lot better than the blue and white textbook, but there isn't anything in it which you can't find online, and it still contains a lot of things that aren't actually on the spec. So probably no point in getting it unless your school provides it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Use www.canyoucompute.co.uk it's the best!

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.