Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sebastian Bartlett)
    You must have misread the article title then. Guess we both can't read.
    What article would that be?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oilfreak1)
    What article would that be?
    Post not article XD

ReputationRep:
    Post not article XD
    Clearly didn't, spoke about why I prefer the SE and used my experience with both the flatter (6) and thicker (4s) phones to illustrate why I have this opinion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oilfreak1)
    Clearly didn't, spoke about why I prefer the SE and used my experience with both the flatter (6) and thicker (4s) phones to illustrate why I have this opinion.
    4S is irrelevant in this discussion, its too different to the other 2. Should have compared to iphone 5/5s if you wanted to compare.

ReputationRep:
    4S is irrelevant in this discussion, its too different to the other 2. Should have compared to iphone 5/5s if you wanted to compare.
    I didn't do a objective comparison I just spoke about my personal experience with 2 differently shaped phones which are the 4s and 6. It's very relevant to the discussion as the shape and feel of the phone is very important, and the fact that my 6 is shelfed and i'm using a *****y old 4s is a testament to how strongly some people feel about shape.

The OP then replied that they like bigger phones as it "adds value", which is when any further comments on size were irrelevant, but you - misreading my post brought up the now irrelevant post. Killed some time at work though so thanks.

ReputationRep:
    About to get an SE tomorrow, tbh I'm more of an android person. However I want to experience some the benefits of apple without the heavy price. So the SE seems like the perfect opportunity for it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WaywardWriter)
    About to get an SE tomorrow, tbh I'm more of an android person. However I want to experience some the benefits of apple without the heavy price. So the SE seems like the perfect opportunity for it

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Congrats for your new phone.
    I too prefer android phones, you will get tons of outstanding apps on android no restrictions to use and awesome performance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SkyJP)
    Customer service wise I can agree as few companies relate to Apple on this (ignoring error 53...).

Malware has never been a problem on Android. Whenever you install an app, the Play Store gives you a list of permissions (described very simply) that the app wants. People ignore this, install the app then complain about it afterwards, even though the user gave the app permission. 99%of the time it is the user's fault.

Again, appearance is personal preference, and manufacturers throw in bloat to give a "unique experience" which is really quite annoying.

I might be sounding like a fandroid but there are some little features insignificant to others that I can't live without (IR blaster for remote control, FM radio without Internet, multicolour notification LED, up to 256gb SD card storage, plus the vastly superior battery life and camera).

You will get the latest updates on iOS though, as aside from the Nexus and maybe Motorola's phones, other manufacturers ditch updating their old devices after almost 2 years (flashing a custom ROM can get you the latest OS though). From my experience this makes sense for me, iOS really begins to make devices a few years old extremely laggy, as it has done with my iPad.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    My point still stands really. You simply shifted focus from the OS to the users of OS.

An expandable memory for the iphone would be an positive addition, but it never came across as a deal breaker. I own a 64GB, and I still have all the junk pictures forwarded on whatsapp still rotting in my phone. Easily doing away with them will give me another 10 GB of hidden additional space.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TaintedLight)
    My point still stands really. You simply shifted focus from the OS to the users of OS.

An expandable memory for the iphone would be an positive addition, but it never came across as a deal breaker. I own a 64GB, and I still have all the junk pictures forwarded on whatsapp still rotting in my phone. Easily doing away with them will give me another 10 GB of hidden additional space.
    For some, the upgrade from 16GB to 64GB is such a huge price jump which doesn't really make sense.

Having a 16GB phone makes me appreciate how important an SD card really is. I can barely keep 10 FLAC music albums, a hundred photos, plus a couple of social networking apps, and that's all my storage gone.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.