Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, ive got offers for classics from clare (A*AA) and newcastle (AAB) for this autumn. While i know newcastle is a good, respected university, with classics being a slightly useless degree anyway ive realised that i need to get as much as i can out of the reputation of the institution. So im thinking that if i fail to get my clare offer i might just apply somewhere else (UCL, Exeter, Oxford) next year not because theyre better than toon but because, as i said earlier, with a useless degree institutional prestige is of the utmost importance. Thoughts?

ReputationRep:
    why not do something a bit less useless so you don't have to worry *that* much about which uni you go to?

ReputationRep:
    Hey, For something like classics your going to want to go with a name but also pick the best university for you. If Oxbridge doesn't feel right when you go there, chose somewhere else. Look at which grades you are more likely to reach, might as well aim high if you can names are always good no matter what subject you're taking, I'm looking at Computer Science and i'm still looking for a name. Any Russell group uni will have a good name attached but some are still higher than others. Look at their employment rates too for each uni and you can judge on that. Hope this helps And good luck!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.