Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    The title says it all, really.
    Have any of you had any experience with Blackberrys? Pros? Cons? Other things? I'm curious to know.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    They're rubbish

Enough said.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Midnightmemories)
    They're rubbish

Enough said.
    Just like your comment, then.
    But seriously. Why are they rubbish?

ReputationRep:
    The fruit I love However the phone I have had two and they are so awful.They are not very advanced compared to better phones such as iPhone, samsung, etc. The keyboard ones are annoying as hell and they are just generally crappy, everything is so outdated when it comes to blackberrys.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by idontknowmedoyou)
    The fruit I love However the phone I have had two and they are so awful.They are not very advanced compared to better phones such as iPhone, samsung, etc. The keyboard ones are annoying as hell and they are just generally crappy, everything is so outdated when it comes to blackberrys.
    Thank you!
    I really want a keyboard phone, but they don't sell Blackberrys in my country (stupid, right), and I can"t find any other which has keyboard.
    I really fvcking loathe touchscreens.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vonbroten)
    The title says it all, really.
    Have any of you had any experience with Blackberrys? Pros? Cons? Other things? I'm curious to know.
    Had the q10 but sold it as i wanted an android phone and was tired of sideloading it.
    Was tempted to get the blackberry classic it looked stylish but the specs were awful and wanted a phone I could play games so went for the s6 edge.
    Looked at the priv phone and it's massive would like it if it did have android market instead of blackberry os 10.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you!
    I really want a keyboard phone, but they don't sell Blackberrys in my country (stupid, right), and I can"t find any other which has keyboard.
    I really fvcking loathe touchscreens.
    Ebay? It's hard getting used to touch screen.

They have pros?? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Pros - Decent phone in 2009.

Cons - It's now 2016.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    Just like your comment, then.
    But seriously. Why are they rubbish?
    No apps.

No whatsapp or Facebook.

They break easily too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chikane)
    Ebay? It's hard getting used to touch screen.
    No phone/tele/whatever subscription in this country is compatible with the Blackberry phones.

It's not hard getting used to at all. I've also had a phone with a touchscreen since the iPhone 3gS. I just simply prefer keyboards.

Who even has a blackberry these days?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Midnightmemories)
    No apps.

No whatsapp or Facebook.

They break easily too.
    What is whatsapp?
    No FB would be a relief to be honest.
    Ah. Well THAT is a problem...

ReputationRep:
    No phone/tele/whatever subscription in this country is compatible with the Blackberry phones.

It's not hard getting used to at all. I've also had a phone with a touchscreen since the iPhone 3gS. I just simply prefer keyboards.
    I hate typing long messages on touch screen keep making errors.

ReputationRep:
    They're pretty good and make a nice crumble.

ReputationRep:
    The keys are too small, not touchscreen, screen too small.

ReputationRep:
    Whatsapp and Facebook will be breaking up with the BlackBerry platform by the end of 2016.

So owning a blackberry is pretty much useless.:bored:

ReputationRep:
    If the only actual cons are no apps, not facebook-compatible - or any other social media for that matter - then I honestly think it'd suit me just fine. Those things are not cons to me.

The new passport models don't have small screens or keys, so that's not a problem.

ReputationRep:
    When BlackBerry trended back in 2011 or something me and all my sisters got one, coincidentally, they all started off fine and then slowly deteriorated in terms of loading literally anything, the scroller would break and not respond, the phone easily overheated, and not to mention the frustration of it randomly turning on and off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meediaabid)
    When BlackBerry trended back in 2011 or something me and all my sisters got one, coincidentally, they all started off fine and then slowly deteriorated in terms of loading literally anything, the scroller would break and not respond, the phone easily overheated, and not to mention the frustration of it randomly turning on and off.
    Oh, finally a useful comment. Thank you!
    That's really helpful.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.