Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    aloha amigos (that's me being a super impressive linguist)
    any tips on how to make your first big festival (reading) trip a success?
    anything in terms of what to take, where to set up, how to meet people etc. would be greatly appreciated as my only experience is a few years of going to the one in lechlade haha

ReputationRep:
    Wet wipes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kurtrurnur)
    aloha amigos (that's me being a super impressive linguist)
    any tips on how to make your first big festival (reading) trip a success?
    anything in terms of what to take, where to set up, how to meet people etc. would be greatly appreciated as my only experience is a few years of going to the one in lechlade haha
    Hey, I've been to Reading for the past two years, I would say Orange is one of the best places to camp but it does get very busy and popular so if you/ any friends have Early bird tickets take advantage and go as early as possible to set up!

Before you go I'd reccommend buying a cheap tent between you and a few friends which you don't mind getting trashed as the weekend goes on. Somewhere like Reading isn't the best festival to bring a nice family tent.

I'm sure this is pretty obvious but don't go too hard on the first night...it's a marathon not a sprint...

Bring as much alcohol as you can into the festival with you as it is very expensive to buy when you're there and the Tesco's is a trek. Same goes for food, maybe bring some snacks, some meal deals for lunch and then buy some warm food for dinner.

If you can get hold of a timetable before the festival, definitely plan ahead so you get to see all the acts you want to!

I would bring a sleeping mask to cover your eyes with as it gets light really early in the morning and you're going to want to sleep for as long as possible after the late nights. Bring loads of deodorant, wet wipes, dry shampoo, mouthwash and paracetamol for the hangovers! And if you're bringing your phone bring a cordless/wireless charger but I'd reccommend bringing a brick phone and a disposable camera for pictures.

Apart from that, have a great time!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stefano865)
    Wet wipes.
    i shall be bringing as many as my ruck sack can fit :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by camd97)
    Hey, I've been to Reading for the past two years, I would say Orange is one of the best places to camp but it does get very busy and popular so if you/ any friends have Early bird tickets take advantage and go as early as possible to set up!

Before you go I'd reccommend buying a cheap tent between you and a few friends which you don't mind getting trashed as the weekend goes on. Somewhere like Reading isn't the best festival to bring a nice family tent.

I'm sure this is pretty obvious but don't go too hard on the first night...it's a marathon not a sprint...

Bring as much alcohol as you can into the festival with you as it is very expensive to buy when you're there and the Tesco's is a trek. Same goes for food, maybe bring some snacks, some meal deals for lunch and then buy some warm food for dinner.

If you can get hold of a timetable before the festival, definitely plan ahead so you get to see all the acts you want to!

I would bring a sleeping mask to cover your eyes with as it gets light really early in the morning and you're going to want to sleep for as long as possible after the late nights. Bring loads of deodorant, wet wipes, dry shampoo, mouthwash and paracetamol for the hangovers! And if you're bringing your phone bring a cordless/wireless charger but I'd reccommend bringing a brick phone and a disposable camera for pictures.

Apart from that, have a great time!!
    i'm going as a group of 6 but three are going with early bird and the rest of us will follow on the friday, i'll suggest orange to them. that's all super helpful so thank you!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.