Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hi,

So the last pill I took was Saturday at 9am which was Gedarel 30/150 which I've been on for over a week (I had a break mid-pack because I noticed I was running out of pills). I then came back onto Gedarel 30/150 and now just gone to start a new pack (I run packs together all the time with advice from my doctor) and realised the doctor's given me 20/150. I was on this before and I kept getting spotting so we switched to the stronger pill. In my frustration, I forgot to take the pill (Sunday), and I've just realised at Monday 5pm that I've missed today's too. I've just taken two at once but I'm worried cause me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex on Saturday morning and I know that sperm can live in you for a few days.
    Sorry for being so confusing, basically I took pill Saturday at 9am and now just taken two pills Monday at 5pm after forgetting. We had unprotected sex Saturday morning/dinnertime and I'm so worried, should I be? Can I get morning after pill tomorrow and will it be much use??
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hi,

So the last pill I took was Saturday at 9am which was Gedarel 30/150 which I've been on for over a week (I had a break mid-pack because I noticed I was running out of pills). I then came back onto Gedarel 30/150 and now just gone to start a new pack (I run packs together all the time with advice from my doctor) and realised the doctor's given me 20/150. I was on this before and I kept getting spotting so we switched to the stronger pill. In my frustration, I forgot to take the pill (Sunday), and I've just realised at Monday 5pm that I've missed today's too. I've just taken two at once but I'm worried cause me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex on Saturday morning and I know that sperm can live in you for a few days.
    Sorry for being so confusing, basically I took pill Saturday at 9am and now just taken two pills Monday at 5pm after forgetting. We had unprotected sex Saturday morning/dinnertime and I'm so worried, should I be? Can I get morning after pill tomorrow and will it be much use??
    I think you should go see a pharmacist as once it's over the 12 hours you re unprotected, there's a morning after pill that can work up to 5 days afterwards.

(Original post by claireestelle)
    I think you should go see a pharmacist as once it's over the 12 hours you re unprotected, there's a morning after pill that can work up to 5 days afterwards.
    Thank you, I didn't want to be panicking for no reason. I think I will go and get morning after pill in the morning.

Now I think about it, I might have taken a pill on Sunday morning (the last pill in my pack) without remembering as I just found the empty packet in the bin at my house and if the last pill in the packet would have been Saturday then I would have chucked it away at my boyfriend's house... but I'm going to get morning after pill just incase, thank you again
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Because you were taking it for more than seven days before the unscheduled mini-break, I strongly suspect a pharmacist will tell you that you will be fine, but using another form of contraception this week would be a good idea.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 28, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.