Turn on thread page Beta

Uni of Manchester or Uni of Liverpool?! watch

• View Poll Results: Shall I study law at Manchester or Liverpool?
    University of Liverpool
    5.26%
    University of Manchester
    94.74%

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I need some help with this decision if anyone can give me any recommendations for either? I have been accepted on all 5 choices for Law which makes the decision even harder- which one would you recommend for my law degree? Uni of Manchester or uni of Liverpool?
    All responses appreciated- many thanks xxx

ReputationRep:
    Why don't more people use polls they're so much simpler

ReputationRep:
    I know I thought so too. Thanks. 🤓

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chalex2016)
    Hi, I need some help with this decision if anyone can give me any recommendations for either? I have been accepted on all 5 choices for Law which makes the decision even harder- which one would you recommend for my law degree? Uni of Manchester or uni of Liverpool?
    All responses appreciated- many thanks xxx
    Manchester.

ReputationRep:
    Manc.

ReputationRep:
    Manchester. Not biased at all

Manchester

Better city

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Serine Soul)
    Manchester

Better city
    **** OFF

(Original post by kieran12321LFC)
    **** OFF
    Oops

:rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the answers so far. To be honest il be living at home so more interested in the prospects of employment after the course, would I have a better chance at Manchester than Liverpool or does it really depend on your academic performance. I want to be a barrister rather than a solicitor and was just wondering if anyone knew the numbers of how many from each university were accepted into chambers last year or pupillages? Anyone know where you can access this kind of information?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Manchester of course. M8 why on earth would you want to attend Liverpool and live with scousers.

Plus liverpool looks like a dump

ReputationRep:
    Manchester all the way, I have a place for Law at Manchester in September. Both are Russell Groups but Liverpool is seen as the weak relation in the group. This is because Liverpool accept ABB for Law and they'd still take you if you got BBB or lower. Manchester has the much better links with top law firms etc and even the Bar, as well as a great international reputation.

ReputationRep:
    I think I will be accepting the Manchester place today as my firm choice. Great to here you will be there in September too. I haven't had chance to visit yet though- have you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chalex2016)
    I think I will be accepting the Manchester place today as my firm choice. Great to here you will be there in September too. I haven't had chance to visit yet though- have you?
    Great! Yes I have visited it twice, it is officially a city campus but to be honest most of the buildings are very close together at a certain point on Oxford Road Here's an idea of their campus from their YT channel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUG563QTIHk

For the Bar, Manchester has a very good advocacy/mooting society! They gave a speech at the LLB offer holder day I went to earlier this month, lots of networking at the Inns in London with top QCs and very proficient in mooting competitions. One of Manchester's recent LLB graduates won one of the Inn's highest scholarship for the BPTC! They are now coincidently a barrister at a leading chambers near where I live where my neighbour is head of chambers! If you ever do decide you want to be a solicitor you'll be in very good stead at Manchester, the top firms love recruiting there. Maybe try and organise one of the visit days on the university website to see it all? There is not information for the Bar as to how many from each university got pupillage, but its reasonable to presume the majority are Oxbridge/Russell Group grads. There is however, a lot of information on what universities Law firms prefer and Manchester does very well

http://www.chambersstudent.co.uk/med...university.pdf

ReputationRep:
    Iv just accepted the invitation for the final offer holder day next month so will hopefully get a feel for the place then. It does look fantastic and Iv heard amazing things about.
    Wow that's fantastic I am really looking forward to September now.
    Thanks for all the info

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.