returning to a different University after failing 3rd year Watch

Misszee12
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi, I'm hoping to return to university to study Nursing. I failed my 3rd year of University in July because i was in the wrong course and mitigating circumstances. I was studying Health and Social care combined with Business, i gained an HND which i'm hoping i can use to apply for Nursing. I;m returning to a different university as my university said they wouldn't accept me back until September 2017. Is there any reason why i wouldn't be accepted into this new University to study Nursing? I meet all the entry requirements.
Roving Fish
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Misszee12)
Hi, I'm hoping to return to university to study Nursing. I failed my 3rd year of University in July because i was in the wrong course and mitigating circumstances. I was studying Health and Social care combined with Business, i gained an HND which i'm hoping i can use to apply for Nursing. I;m returning to a different university as my university said they wouldn't accept me back until September 2017. Is there any reason why i wouldn't be accepted into this new University to study Nursing? I meet all the entry requirements.
Hi there

To confirm - are you looking at starting from Level 4 (Year 1) for Nursing? I'm thinking that you might be due to the placement aspect of the course.

I'm wondering because of the funding aspect. If you've used three years of funding (student loans), then you'd only be eligible for 1 further year from 2017 as the NHS won't be providing bursaries from next September.

In terms of why wouldn't you get onto a course starting this September... I doubt that you would now as nursing courses are extremely competitive and you're a late applicant. Think of the amount of applications with the news of funding being withdrawn too.

Hope this helps, claireestelle or ForestCat might be able to help you further!

RF
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 13 Dec '18
  • University of Buckingham
    Open Evening Undergraduate
    Thu, 13 Dec '18
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (65)
26.86%
No (177)
73.14%

Watched Threads