Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

returning to a different University after failing 3rd year Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm hoping to return to university to study Nursing. I failed my 3rd year of University in July because i was in the wrong course and mitigating circumstances. I was studying Health and Social care combined with Business, i gained an HND which i'm hoping i can use to apply for Nursing. I;m returning to a different university as my university said they wouldn't accept me back until September 2017. Is there any reason why i wouldn't be accepted into this new University to study Nursing? I meet all the entry requirements.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Misszee12)
    Hi, I'm hoping to return to university to study Nursing. I failed my 3rd year of University in July because i was in the wrong course and mitigating circumstances. I was studying Health and Social care combined with Business, i gained an HND which i'm hoping i can use to apply for Nursing. I;m returning to a different university as my university said they wouldn't accept me back until September 2017. Is there any reason why i wouldn't be accepted into this new University to study Nursing? I meet all the entry requirements.
    Hi there

To confirm - are you looking at starting from Level 4 (Year 1) for Nursing? I'm thinking that you might be due to the placement aspect of the course.

I'm wondering because of the funding aspect. If you've used three years of funding (student loans), then you'd only be eligible for 1 further year from 2017 as the NHS won't be providing bursaries from next September.

In terms of why wouldn't you get onto a course starting this September... I doubt that you would now as nursing courses are extremely competitive and you're a late applicant. Think of the amount of applications with the news of funding being withdrawn too.

Hope this helps, claireestelle or ForestCat might be able to help you further!

RF

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.