Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've just firmed my offer to study at MMU starting sept/16 but now I am so confused about halls, after reading a lot of conversations on here and talking with friends that are already at other unis I don't know whether I should live in the cheapest digs (Cambridge/cavendish) or go for somewhere like Victoria hall which I think I would find more homely for a slightly higher price.

Just wondering if any past students could give me some advice? Or where other people have chosen and why?

ReputationRep:
    try to avoid Cambridge halls, i stayed there 3 years ago and unless a miracle has happened in that crappy building, I would avoid it like the plague. It is kitchens and corridors rather than flats so anyone can go anywhere (and steal things out of fridges/freezers/cupboards! - unless you padlock them all). I was pretty miserable there but met my best friend so I can't complain too much!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zoe.soothill)
    try to avoid Cambridge halls, i stayed there 3 years ago and unless a miracle has happened in that crappy building, I would avoid it like the plague. It is kitchens and corridors rather than flats so anyone can go anywhere (and steal things out of fridges/freezers/cupboards! - unless you padlock them all). I was pretty miserable there but met my best friend so I can't complain too much!
    ah that's where I wanted to choose because I didn't think it looked that bad, and I guess having your food/stuff stolen just depends on if you live with ********s? Could happen in any halls?
    So I guess you had friends who lived in alternate halls? Did you see them whilst you were there too? Which would you suggest?

University open days

1. Manchester Metropolitan University
    Autumn Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 13 Oct '18
  2. Manchester Metropolitan University
    Autumn Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  3. Manchester Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Courses Fair Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.