Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

I'm currently revising for MINhsbong failed it narrowly once.

This has been interrupted by one month of travel since I passed it and I haven't got into a very good routine. I've passed two other modules so far, accounting and assurance.

I'm worried about failing MI again but will still feel I haven't given 100% as I find it really hard to revise when away.

If I do get fired, how hard will it be to find another contract in London? I have 7 months of audit experience and would likely get a decent reference.

I enjoy the work and wish I could be more prepared but I get the feeling my employer won't take nicely to another fail, which is fair enough. Nor are they happy at the time I'm taking.

I have a 2.1 from a top 25 uni and BBB at a-level.

I'm really worried because the fail demotivated me and I'm not picking up despite the resit being soon. I feel like I want a change to boost my confidence and then come back to this. I sat the course almost five months ago too which doesn't help.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't think about the consequences of getting sacked just yet. The certificate level should be fine if you do the question bank twice. How much time do you have left? Just focus on passing this exam. If your mind is elsewhere worrying about the consequences of failure, chances are you'll fail. If you concentrate on revising for MI and do as much question practice as you can, you'll probably pass.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kre)
    I wouldn't think about the consequences of getting sacked just yet. The certificate level should be fine if you do the question bank twice. How much time do you have left? Just focus on passing this exam. If your mind is elsewhere worrying about the consequences of failure, chances are you'll fail. If you concentrate on revising for MI and do as much question practice as you can, you'll probably pass.
    Thanks for your advice.

I have tomorrow and then until 2pm Saturday.

I've been using the study manual but I have done most of the question bank twice or so now.

How much do you think I could get done in a day and a half with coffee?

It's mainly the investment appraisal chapter which I really dislike

I really appreciate your reply so thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by accno1)
    Thanks for your advice.

I have tomorrow and then until 2pm Saturday.

I've been using the study manual but I have done most of the question bank twice or so now.

How much do you think I could get done in a day and a half with coffee?

It's mainly the investment appraisal chapter which I really dislike

I really appreciate your reply so thank you
    It depends on how long you can concentrate for! You can probably cover most of the question bank again in that time if you stay switched on. Focus your time on investment appraisal if that's your weak point - it's all good and well revising topics you're confident on to make you feel good about yourself, but covering your weaknesses will help you pass.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to finance and bankingGuide to accountancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Quick link:

Unanswered finance and accountancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.