Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

(Original post by 79deeas)
    Awesome.

Na i wasnt being funny, if you go to UoB or the surrounding BCU, Aston or coventry we can make this work.
    No thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    No thanks.
    looooooooooooooooool

(Original post by s_ahmed2)
    Yeah I understand, these things are very important especially in the asian culture(if you are).

However you have to see what is best for yourself, not what others will think. Perhaps there will be a period of embarassment or whatever but you have to think long term, whether you will you regret the decision or not. Theres plenty of time to think it through but your heart will be guided inshaAllah will your duas.

Well you basically wake up in the latter portion of the night, before fajr. So lets say around 4am. Then pray 2 rakaats. After the prayer make dua to Allah for what you want.

If you cant wake up that early then do it before you sleep.

A famous scholar, Imam Shafiee(rh), said that the dua made at tahajjud is like the arrow which never misses its target.

You still can, there are plenty of pt courses available nowadays.

I know ppl who go uni full time and then study the islamic sciences in the evening, mon-fri.

BarakAllahu Feek

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah I am asian that's what makes it worse.

InshaAllah.

Ah ok thanks for that.
    Nah I can sacrifice my sleep for this prayer.

Yes I've heard of that before subhanAllah.

I might look into that. But I need that time for uni revision. It's hard to focus on two things at once, and if I want to study the Deen, I want to be able to give my full attention to it.

looooooooooooooooool
    Jokes on you trying it :rofl:

(Original post by samina_ay)
    I feel you - but i need my degree. Working in retail is so ****ing ****. Graduate and educate yourself - it's never too early to stop learning - a good job will gain you independence. God forbid, if your husband passed away and his or your family won't support you financially... hmm - think of it as doing for a favour for yourself - it will benefit you x
    I don't need this degree tbh
    I'm not really learning anything from it
    Nah that talk about independence is so cringe-worthy I don't NEED a job either

If my husband were to die God forbid, my family would be there for me. I can say that for a fact.

Thanks and good luck with your degree x

ReputationRep:
    Jokes on you trying it :rofl:
    Just teasing but yeh hopefully you get what you want, but your mum aint wrong, having a degree just in case is not a bad idea.

x
    Take this however you want but I'd only want to settle down with someone
    that is striving to continuously improve themselves and can intellectually
    stimulate my mind, which matters more in the long run.

Just teasing but yeh hopefully you get what you want, but your mum aint wrong, having a degree just in case is not a bad idea.
    That wasn't me who quoted you
    But degrees are pointless imo

Take this however you want but I'd only want to settle down with someone
    that is striving to continuously improve themselves and can intellectually
    stimulate my mind, which matters more in the long run.
    Are you a muslim guy?

That wasn't me who quoted you
    But degrees are pointless imo
    Degrees could land you a job though.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I am asian that's what makes it worse.

InshaAllah.

Ah ok thanks for that.
    Nah I can sacrifice my sleep for this prayer.

Yes I've heard of that before subhanAllah.

I might look into that. But I need that time for uni revision. It's hard to focus on two things at once, and if I want to study the Deen, I want to be able to give my full attention to it.
    Okay inshaAllah

May Allah give you the best in this life and the next.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Degrees could land you a job though.
    COULD
    Most likely won't
    And my husband will work for us

(Original post by s_ahmed2)
    Okay inshaAllah

May Allah give you the best in this life and the next.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    JazakAllah

Ameen and the same to you brother

ReputationRep:

If my husband were to die God forbid, my family would be there for me. I can say that for a fact.

Lol. I'm not gonna lie but i love using MY own money instead of scraping off my parents - each to their own i guess

ReputationRep:
    THANK YOU
    I tried explaining this to my mum, how I don't need to work, it's better for women to stay at home etc. but she said you have to work and be independent and I'm just like no What's the point in working, all that changes when you have kids

I've already done a levels that's enough knowledge for me lol
    It's not about a cooking society, it's the fact I'm on a degree I don't enjoy, but if I HAD to pick a degree it'd be this one
    hahahah its the opposite for me....My parents literally WANT me to become something in ma life and if I resit ma AS this year...they would use being a housewife a threat towards me...lol....But try to speak to her 1 to 1 ...sit down together..tell her that that's what Allah (swt) wrote for you...Maybe your knowledge is better in cooking and dealing with a family is better....Maybe Allah swt did not write for you to become someone really important in your life but a good mother and housewife...Tell her that in the end all this(job,money, qualifications) don't matter but our good deeds in this dunya. However, it's only 2 years and time flies by, if it was me I would continue and inshallah when your mum is happy with you Allah will be happy too and succeed you.^^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by star80)
    Islamically as a girl you have to be provided for. When you get married it is the duty of your husband to provide for you, you don't have to contribute a penny. But, knowledge is a virtue to success and will be good. Why not join a cooking society? Balance your life. I know it's hard but you've only 2 more years.
    If only her future husband is rich, I don't think it's wise to completely depend on one person which let face it could leave her at anytime.

COULD
    Most likely won't
    And my husband will work for us
    And that is a narrow attitude to take. What if for some reason he can't?

I know you say you don't need a degree, your husband will provide for you etc, but you're more likely to attract controlling types if you're not independent. And that's never good.
    Also, life is more difficult today than it was in our parents' generation. Getting on the property ladder is harder, and say you do end up working part-time, would you not rather be earning double compared to if you had a non-grad position?
    Two years is really not long. Just give it your best shot and wait until you get your results in summer before making any rash decisions.
    Best of luck

@OP Have you decided?

Salam
    Tbh...I think it'd be better you finish the degree, there's no guarantee of that perfect husband to support you financially etc like the others say anything could happen in your marriage (God forbid). Plus you'd have a degree incase you need a stable job. The reason why I'm saying this is cos you literally just added thousands of debt...at least finish the degree so you don't regret it in the future? I don't know, it's your choice, I honestly see nothing wrong in your choices but overcome this situation if I were you.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 30, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.