Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    This has nothing to do with Islam, it's the fact that you don't feel comfortable going to uni or what not. If you really do feel this way talk to ur parents. I'm Muslim myself and when I told my dad I wasn't going to do uni he was ****ing devastated but I'm currently doing an apprenticeship with nhs and their acc happy with it (as am i) do what you must at the end of the day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CON5P1RACY K1D)
    This has nothing to do with Islam, it's the fact that you don't feel comfortable going to uni or what not. If you really do feel this way talk to ur parents. I'm Muslim myself and when I told my dad I wasn't going to do uni he was ****ing devastated but I'm currently doing an apprenticeship with nhs and their acc happy with it (as am i) do what you must at the end of the day
    Depends if you consider Islam a way of life or just something you can put on once in while.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think you're incredibly selfish. So many Muslim girls have parents who don't want them to study and just get them married off as soon as they turn 18. You have no idea how lucky you are that your mum wants you to be independent and wants you to get an education. She's absolutely right, and assuming you want to get an arranged marriage, in this day and age you can't trust your spouse to provide for you 100%. It's actually pathetic that you'll expect your husband to give you money to pay for your clothes and materialistic things. Your mum is expecting you to get your degree and then work and save some money before you get married, so that when you do get married, you'll have some financial independence, rather than having to beg a stranger for money every time you want to buy something.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    I don't need this degree tbh
    I'm not really learning anything from it
    Nah that talk about independence is so cringe-worthy I don't NEED a job either

If my husband were to die God forbid, my family would be there for me. I can say that for a fact.

Thanks and good luck with your degree x
    Actually pathetic that you expect to depend on other people for your whole life just because you're too lazy to study lol. You'll be a grown woman begging off family for pocket money.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s_ahmed2)
    Depends if you consider Islam a way of life or just something you can put on once in while.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I don't understand what you're saying, Islam is a way of life whether you do right or wrong your Muslim at the end of the day

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 30, 2016
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.