The Student Room Group

What did you get in your gcse's

Scroll to see replies

Original post by c0c0nuts
Saying I started in year 10 made me sound really hard-working haha. What I should have said is that those were often set by my teachers, who would pick relevant questions for the topics we covered, which is much easier to do in humanities compared to sciences. So for example in history, we might get set a paper 1 questions for prep, which (I think) is 40 mins, equivalent to half of the actual paper

Lol from your grades you'd be hard working :smile: Lol OK
YOUR ARE AMAZING
You are literally a saviour
Thank youuuuu so muchhhh
It sure does :smile: Aww Thank you x :smile:
Thank you again :smile:
Oh yeah sure x
be very careful. they may be taken down soon

but thank you very much really good quality
(edited 8 years ago)
4A*s (maths,chemistry,economics,physics)
1A (urdu)
4B (english,pk.stds,islamiyat,ICT)

For mathematics, i did all the past papers from 1995-2015
chemistry - notes that my teacher gave me
Economics - edexcel igcse book and past papers

is anyone giving IAS accounting unit 1, economics unit 2 or Business unit 2???
(edited 8 years ago)
Only 2A*s rest As tho. a*s in subjects which aren't even relevant to me 😂
My school is awkward because we do 1 year courses, so last year I did two optionals (German & PD) plus core science :frown:
A, B, C respectively & I am yet to do the rest of my GCSEs
A^ 6A* 3A 2B (one of those Bs was in core science in year 9 though, so it's sort of obsolete)

I did loads of past papers, don't bother too much with cranking out notes, because they can be pretty useless sometimes :h:
2A* 5As and 2Bs 😊
Start with the topics you struggle with first
12 A*
Past papers
Original post by Clarinet
12 A*
Past papers

Did you not do any notes??
Original post by Username3097486
Did you not do any notes??

I did notes on every subject
French - spend half an hour to an hour every day looking through a section of vocab, get someone to test you on that section
English Lit - learn it like geography/science: learn points, quotes and analysis for each character and theme, including some slightly off-the-wall things that the examiners won't have come across before
I only got 1 A, 7 B's 2 C's
8 A*s (GCSE English lit, English Lang, Geography, History, Fine Art, Maths, Physics and Chemistry) and 3 As (Biology, Further Maths and French) ☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile
How did everyone get an A* in English Literature?

Spoiler

Original post by nisha.sri
Did you do past papers? Well done how much did you revise during easter?

Sorry, I've only just seen this. I did at least 2 hours everyday in Easter, mostly more. And yes I did all the past papers from the spec and asked my teachers for the older ones :smile:
Original post by surina16

Spoiler

I know right :smile:
Original post by surina16

Spoiler

Impossible imo - at least for me it was
Original post by maestrocam
Sorry, I've only just seen this. I did at least 2 hours everyday in Easter, mostly more. And yes I did all the past papers from the spec and asked my teachers for the older ones :smile:

Aha It's fine don't worry, great :smile: do you think the teachers would provide me some...? In my school they can't even be bothered to print papers?
Original post by nisha.sri
Aha It's fine don't worry, great :smile: do you think the teachers would provide me some...? In my school they can't even be bothered to print papers?

That's a shame, unfortunately I've moved school since then :/ But you can find a lot of papers online if you look hard enough!

Good luck finding them and with your exams!

Also I think you might find some papers on a site called 'All Papers' or 'The All Papers' or something like that.

Quick Reply

Latest