Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

are guys really interested in relationships? Watch

I know this is a broad question, hugely broad and maybe a little stereotypical, but I wanted to get the point of view of teenage boys, like 17,18,19 y olds, or anyone above. Do you feel like in these years boys are looking for serious relationships with girls/guys, or do they really just think with their dicks???

ReputationRep:
    Both. Usually at least one of the people in the relationship is an immature moron. Lots of people play the field early on and then settle for the best one they find, some regret losing someone they could have actually had something with though.

ReputationRep:
    :hi:

Except I'm struggling at life anyway so I'd probably inadvertently act like a douche.

ReputationRep:
    Not all

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whorace)
    Both. Usually at least one of the people in the relationship is an immature moron. Lots of people play the field early on and then settle for the best one they find, some regret losing someone they could have actually had something with though.
    dont leave me!

ReputationRep:
    depends on whether they're mature or not or how serious they are/into the girl

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I know this is a broad question, hugely broad and maybe a little stereotypical, but I wanted to get the point of view of teenage boys, like 17,18,19 y olds, or anyone above. Do you feel like in these years boys are looking for serious relationships with girls/guys, or do they really just think with their dicks???
    my **** doesn't think....

but no personally i don't ever want a relationship with anyone really....

ReputationRep:
    18, yes, I'm only interested in relationships that have the potential to progress into something serious.

I'd never get into a relationship with someone if I foresaw its end before it's even begun.

ReputationRep:
    Lets be honest at 16 and 17 the relationship will most likely end as you go to uni but I wouldn't think about that and would enjoy the time I had with the girl if it didn't impede my studies. Also there is no way a guy can treat you properly at this age and also enjoy their youth and do well you have to pick 2.

Yes.

ReputationRep:
    My man and I were 17 when we got together, and have been together for aprx 2,5 years. I'll be moving to another country this fall, but we still have no intentions of ending our relationship.
    However, my man has always been very mature, and never was a very childish person (according to his parents.)

I think most are shallow idiots uninterested in serious relationships. Also, I think males on TSR generally claim to be more interested in relationships than the average male of the same cohort, so you will get biased responses

(Myself, I wouldn't be in a relationship with someone I didn't think was wife material but I'm hardly representative)

ReputationRep:
    I have fancied girls at those ages and wanted to be together with them but at the same time I cannot lie that I also fantasised about leaving them walking like John Wayne.

(Original post by Alexion)
    18, yes, I'm only interested in relationships that have the potential to progress into something serious.

I'd never get into a relationship with someone if I foresaw its end before it's even begun.
    same! I know so many girls and guys just down for 1 night stands or party hookups, but it just doesn't rly feel like me-i feel like if i were to get into a relationship it would really have to be with someone who i admire and pushes me to be the best i can

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 29, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.