The Student Room Group

His house is really messy, what should I do?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 999tigger
Compromise is what people do when they have difference byt want to reach a settlement. Ofc he can say its his house and he will fart and burp in her face as much as he wants, but then its hardly going to endear him. She then dumps him and finds someone who can be a bit more considerate.

He gets to burp and fart alone. What a winner.

I'd rather have my freedom than a second mother. So yeah, technically he would be a winner seeing as he gets set free to find someone who will be more than happy for him to let rip while they're about. And if they're that much of a keeper, they'll probably join in too.

Farting together: better than farting alone.

I should start a campaign just so I can use that slogan.
Original post by Drunk Punx
I'd rather have my freedom than a second mother. So yeah, technically he would be a winner seeing as he gets set free to find someone who will be more than happy for him to let rip while they're about. And if they're that much of a keeper, they'll probably join in too.

Farting together: better than farting alone.

I should start a campaign just so I can use that slogan.

So we agree they should talk and if neither fo them wants to compromise they should split and fin a partner of the non farting in front of youand tidy sort or not.
Original post by 999tigger
So we agree they should talk and if neither fo them wants to compromise they should split and fin a partner of the non farting in front of youand tidy sort or not.

Not really. In fact, I don't know how you took that from what I said considering the complete lack of a resemblance.

There is no real compromise here. If he wants to fart, and she doesn't want him to fart, the outcome benefits solely one party unless they split up (which for all we know might benefit nobody, and therefore isn't a compromise).

The only compromise would be for OP to choose whether he stops farting in front of her OR he tidies his house...and considering it's his house, I personally don't see why he should do either. But that's just me.

Couples, especially as the relationship ages, are going to be more at ease when in front of their partners. Farting will happen whether they like it or not because like hell is anyone going to spend 50+ years with someone and leave the room every time they need to fart. It's just not realistic. The sooner OP realises this, the better.

Original post by Anonymous
x

Last paragraph. Read it. Accept the inevitability.
(edited 8 years ago)
What if it was someone who you have only known for a few months and just met in person? Would you be OK with farting in front of him/her?

Fair enough you don't mind it but this is something that I don't even do in front of my own family members and none of my exes have done in front of me. I think that it's considerate to go somewhere else to do it.

I'm going to quote you in my most recent reply, so you'll likely get two notifications from me :fyi:

First time me and my current girlfriend met we spent at least half an hour trying to Dutch Oven each other. Good times.
The agreement was in the fact is they talk to each other and if they cant agree, then they cna go and find someone else more suitable. No waste of time for either of them being disappointed in someone they dont feel comfy with.

Presumably if you are against talking to someone you want a relationship with then bully for you.
Reply 65
Original post by Drunk Punx
Not really. In fact, I don't know how you took that from what I said considering the complete lack of a resemblance.

There is no real compromise here. If he wants to fart, and she doesn't want him to fart, the outcome benefits solely one party unless they split up (which for all we know might benefit nobody, and therefore isn't a compromise).

The only compromise would be for OP to choose whether he stops farting in front of her OR he tidies his house...and considering it's his house, I personally don't see why he should do either. But that's just me.

Personally, if I was doing something I had the capacity to change, I'd want to know (and know the fact it's a dealbreaker) rather than just being broken up with, with no communication. If holding my farts in is all it takes, it's not exactly the biggest compromise. We all have our pet hates. And wanting a clean house isn't exactly going to be an uncommon request. It could be a wake-up call.
Hi everyone :smile:

I met a guy online some months ago when I was getting over heartbreak and became quite attached (well, as attached as I can get to an online personality). I finally decided to visit him and had a really good time. One thing I can't get out of my mind was how messy his house was though :frown:. I like to keep my surroundings pristine and value good manners. He burps in front of me and does the occasional fart, which I found disgusting. His personal hygiene is good, otherwise I would have run a mile.

When we were about to go to sleep we cuddled in bed, which was nice. He wanted to have sex but I wasn't sure. I want to see him again but the thought of the messy house gives me anxiety and I don't know whether it's something I can get over. Should I get away from this situation? He seems quite attached to me and I don't want to do anything hurtful.

my place looks bad but i work on my next deal more often so i am successful on the outside but people would be shocked if they saw the inside
Hmmm will have to think about that. I only get it out a couple of times a year :wink:

ok :*
Come and tidy up my house for a start.
I find it quite strange that he didn't make the place nice for you knowing you were coming round for the first time. But some people don't think of things that way I guess. It probably would put me off a little too. A bit of mess and clutter is fine but a dirty environment is not good and suggests there might be some issues there. Maybe he's been a bit down - I know when I'm feeling low in myself I don't always tidy to the standard I normally would. Anyway, I'd probably not mention it yet til I felt more comfortable with him but do what you feel you need to. As for the burping and farting, I think most guys are like that I'm afraid! It isn't the nicest but they seem to find it hilarious? 😑

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending