Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trystalos)
    Do you reckon we could pick up maybe 4/9 marks for Q7 if we calculated the mean C.I? We would've had to find s/root(n) at least - up until there it would've been correct. I mean that would be marks for subtracting the mean and dividing by the correct t-critical values. Sneaky buggers.
    (Original post by electrifeye)
    I would have thought that maybe 4-5 of the marks would be for finding the mean & s.d, that's half the solution after all. So we could still get A* if we made no other mistakes, not sure if I did or not.
    I suspect we'd get 4/9. Which is annoying because now we're capped at 70/75...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TLDM)
    A couple of people have had 0.68 stored in their calculator - what was this for? I recognise most/all of the other numbers but not that one.
    Finding that value in the table for test A I think.

ReputationRep:
    Okay but did anyone else not reject the null hypothesis for like all of the tests except one? Actually I can't even remember if I had one where I did reject it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gagafacea1)
    Okay but did anyone else not reject the null hypothesis for like all of the tests except one? Actually I can't even remember if I had one where I did reject it.
    Yeah I think only one or two were significant. For most you accepted the null hypothesis.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SB0073)
    Finding that value in the table for test A I think.
    Oh, that would be it. I gave my answer to 4dp (a habit I've got into with a lot of S1-3 tables using 4dp) - do you think I'll lose marks for the extra accuracy? Did the question ask for 2dp, like the other values in the table?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Euclidean)
    How was STEP III fam?

I got you on Facebook now I think

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Lol just seen this haha.
    Really? Have you added me though?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsmaths)
    Lol just seen this haha.
    Really? Have you added me though?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah PM'd you

ReputationRep:
    Now that the papers out: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...2#post66502982 Post 1315. Does anyone have realistic grade boundary predictions and is anyone up for making and unofficial mark scheme as there is none for stats papers...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsmaths)
    Signing in.
    I will probably be the only person taking this exam this year.😂
    How long would it take to self-study S4?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fbiemad)
    He got like 40 UMS and learnt half a chapter before the exam 😂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ayman!)
    He got like 40 UMS and learnt like half a chapter before the exam 😂
    How long do you think it would take to self-study it then?

By the way, do you or anyone here have the books for S4, D1 or D2 by any chance?
    Spoiler:
    Show

I want to study them in my gap year, but I rather get a second hand book for a cheaper price.

ReputationRep:
    Content: Less than 4 hours

Then you just gotta practice

ReputationRep:
    By the way, do you or anyone here have the books for S4, D1 or D2 by any chance?
    I think I have all 3 in the garage - I can have a look if you like

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by electrifeye)
    I think I have all 3 in the garage - I can have a look if you like
    I will send you a Private Message.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.