Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone any advice what accommodation to apply for (going into first year)? Will hopefully be studying French and Politics. I won't get a chance to go over and check it out so any advice would be greatly appreciated. What is the best location, nicest rooms etc?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isabel2255)
    Has anyone any advice what accommodation to apply for (going into first year)? Will hopefully be studying French and Politics. I won't get a chance to go over and check it out so any advice would be greatly appreciated. What is the best location, nicest rooms etc?
    Hey! I'm hopefully going this year as well The accommodation website has photos of all the different rooms/buildings and gives you an idea of the walking distance of the uni buildings etc. There are more photos on the "UoE Living" Facebook page that you can check out, too
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    (Original post by Isabel2255)
    Hi there! We have a couple of excellent sites in Edinburgh, and they all come with en-suites and a kitchen in your room! We have lots of different room types so there's bound to be something for you here, the rents are also all inclusive so they're very popular with first year students Why not have a look? http://www.collegiate-ac.com/uk-stud...tion/edinburgh

Well done and good luck at University!

Amelia x

ReputationRep:
    Are accommodation applications open? Because on MyEd it just says
    "Sorry - no information has been found for your record."What does this mean?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CharlieeB)
    Are accommodation applications open? Because on MyEd it just says
    "Sorry - no information has been found for your record."What does this mean?
    Have you firmed yet?

ReputationRep:
    Just seeing this thread. I am asking for an older international fresher student. He is an American and doesn't know anyone at U of E so he is looking for an active accommodation hall where it is fairly easy for students to meet each other. Suggestions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hopefully1)
    Just seeing this thread. I am asking for an older international fresher student. He is an American and doesn't know anyone at U of E so he is looking for an active accommodation hall where it is fairly easy for students to meet each other. Suggestions?
    I've heard that Pollock is pretty good for meeting people. What with the catering and all that. Though I can't speak from personal experience.

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I've been looking at Blackfriars... does anybody know what the student life is like? I'm concerned it will be difficult to meet people as it is self-catered but as far as location goes it seems perfect.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by baggy_trousers_;[url="tel:65013327")
    65013327[/url]]Hello,

I've been looking at Blackfriars... does anybody know what the student life is like? I'm concerned it will be difficult to meet people as it is self-catered but as far as location goes it seems perfect.
    I got offered blackfriars street and I'm also really curious about what it's gonna be like. It's really hard to find any comments about it. Let me know if you get some infromation

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I'm in Chancellor's Court, on the lower ground floor. Has anybody heard anything about that? Is it really the basement?

ReputationRep:
    hey guys all the halls links are in the Facebook group for 2016/17

facebook.com/groups/925767134160872/

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know why I've not been given accommodation yet? Getting a bit worried

ReputationRep:
    It seems that I've been made an offer of accommodation but I can't find it! Am I supposed to be able to see the offer before clicking on "accept contract" or not?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aloap69)
    It seems that I've been made an offer of accommodation but I can't find it! Am I supposed to be able to see the offer before clicking on "accept contract" or not?
    You've got to click that. Don't worry that clicking will automatically accept the contract. Once you click, you'll see the details, but you won't have accepted the contract until after you enter payment information, so you're safe.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.