Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The ordinary girl with the extraordinary dreams. Watch

ReputationRep:
    I actually just came across this for the first time, and you know what, I cried a little. Well done one being so brave.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Rhythmical I miss your blog :sad: :hugs:
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by FireFreezer77)
    Rhythmical
    I ended up reading it all now.
    I'm nearly crying after I read about your friend. I'm so sorry for your loss. I understand how much she meant to you. It seems like her death has given you a new determination though. You've retaken your GCSE's and are doing extremely well!
    It's always hard to lose someone close (I lost my Grandad last year) bu all you can do is move on.
    I know I'm late in reading/responding but I've only just seen this. I had to read it once I saw it!
    It's extremely well written and I wish you all the best for the future!!!
    I hope you add more posts!
    Your blog is way better than mine!
    Again I'm sorry for your loss!!! :hugs:
    Aww thank you so much! :hugs: I'm sorry to hear that you lost your Grandad, I did at a young age so his death wasn't as hard to deal with as my best friend. And don't be silly, your blog is wonderful to read too, I must read it more often, exams are so stressful and yes I plan to update my blog tomorrow hopefully, just hard to choose what I should write about.

(Original post by sameehaiqbal)
    Wow youve been through so much - i admire you, stay strong soldier xx
    Aww thank you sweetie! :hugs: I really appreciate it.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by RobML)
    I actually just came across this for the first time, and you know what, I cried a little. Well done one being so brave.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I really appreciate that Rob, like a lot. Means a lot when people finally understand what another TSR user is going through, we've all been through incredible journeys and I figured I'd share mine so people would get to know the real me.

(Original post by FrenchUnicorn)
    Rhythmical I miss your blog :sad: :hugs:
    Your blog is way better and you know it! :hugs: I'm updating it tomorrow, sorry for the lack of posts, exams have gotten to the better of me and I've had no time to update.

(Original post by Rhythmical)
    Your blog is way better and you know it! :hugs: I'm updating it tomorrow, sorry for the lack of posts, exams have gotten to the better of me and I've had no time to update.
    Awww no it's done I understand ! I did not realise you took a break from it - I kinda did it for my blog as well -
    Don't apologize :3 :hugs:
    Can't wait to read tho :ahee:
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    Awww no it's done I understand ! I did not realise you took a break from it - I kinda did it for my blog as well -
    Don't apologize :3 :hugs:
    Can't wait to read tho :ahee:
    Gonna read yours from start to finish again! I like the way you structure yours and yep I took a break from it, actually I kinda forgot about my blog because I had no idea what to write so I thought, meh, leave it to sink! I may cover my recent change from Humanities to STEM!

Gonna read yours from start to finish again! I like the way you structure yours and yep I took a break from it, actually I kinda forgot about my blog because I had no idea what to write so I thought, meh, leave it to sink! I may cover my recent change from Humanities to STEM!
    Awww :3 thank you for the compliment

Yes I see what you mean, even if you don't write a lot it was a very interesting read and good to learn more about you :yep:

Spoiler:
    Show
    sorry if I'm being sillu, but what is STEM ?
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    Awww :3 thank you for the compliment

Yes I see what you mean, even if you don't write a lot it was a very interesting read and good to learn more about you :yep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    sorry if I'm being sillu, but what is STEM ?
    Aww you are most welcome

And yeah, I realise most blogs seem to gain attention weeks after they've been start up, I imagine when people have time on their hands, they just read!

STEM stands for Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics. So I am studying essay based subjects at A Level but next year I am privately doing exams and taking a gap year to do Biology, Chemistry, Economics and Psychology

Aww you are most welcome

And yeah, I realise most blogs seem to gain attention weeks after they've been start up, I imagine when people have time on their hands, they just read!

STEM stands for Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics. So I am studying essay based subjects at A Level but next year I am privately doing exams and taking a gap year to do Biology, Chemistry, Economics and Psychology
    Aww I see ! Sounds so cool !! Because once it's done you would have learn a lot of different things :jive:
    Can't wait to read it :ahee:
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    Aww I see ! Sounds so cool !! Because once it's done you would have learn a lot of different things :jive:
    Can't wait to read it :ahee:
    I know it's really cool! And I'd be so educated my head will need enlarging! And I know, wait a few years okay?

I know it's really cool! And I'd be so educated my head will need enlarging! And I know, wait a few years okay?
    Exactly !! \o/ \o/

:lol: :lol: I will :mmm:
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    Exactly !! \o/ \o/

:lol: :lol: I will :mmm:
    You better! Or I'm coming to Unicornland and taking all the magic farts!

You better! Or I'm coming to Unicornland and taking all the magic farts!
    Nooo :cry2: you can come to Unicorland but just to visit me :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    Aww thank you so much! :hugs: I'm sorry to hear that you lost your Grandad, I did at a young age so his death wasn't as hard to deal with as my best friend. And don;t be silly, your blog is wonderful to read too, I must read it more often, exams are so stressful and yes I plan to update my blog tomorrow hopefully, just hard to choose what I should write about.
    No worries!! :hugs:
    Thankyou, it wad a hard time for us all.
    Im sorry you lost yours at such a young age. I guess you didnt know him very well?
    Im really sorry about your friend! That mustve been awful for you!
    Aw thanks!! Would you like me to tag you in thw next post?
    Exams are super stressful!
    Ah excellent! If its ok, could you tag me in your future posts? Your blog is excellent.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by FireFreezer77)
    No worries!! :hugs:
    Thankyou, it wad a hard time for us all.
    Im sorry you lost yours at such a young age. I guess you didnt know him very well?
    Im really sorry about your friend! That mustve been awful for you!
    Aw thanks!! Would you like me to tag you in thw next post?
    Exams are super stressful!
    Ah excellent! If its ok, could you tag me in your future posts? Your blog is excellent.
    I know, it's always so hard! :hugs: always here for a chat if you need it!

Yep I was 5 so I don't remember it that much, I was close to him but I guess at that age, it didn't really change my life that much. Yeah it was awful, worst thing I've ever been through, been nearly two years soon.

Yes definitely and I will tag you in mine, new post coming tomorrow for sure! And noo yours is way better, had a sneak peak.

ReputationRep:
    I know, it's always so hard! :hugs: always here for a chat if you need it!

Yep I was 5 so I don't remember it that much, I was close to him but I guess at that age, it didn't really change my life that much. Yeah it was awful, worst thing I've ever been through, been nearly two years soon.

Yes definitely and I will tag you in mine, new post coming tomorrow for sure! And noo yours is way better, had a sneak peak.
    Its very hard! :hugs:
    Aw thanks! Im always here too if you need to chat!

Ah well that not good. Im sorry for your loss. Hmm well i guess it doesnt too much.
    Im so sorry you had to go through it :hugs:
    I could tell it was an awful experience for you. I hope things are a little easier now.

Excellent, i shall give you a tag from the next post.
    Thankyou, i look forward to reading it!
    Hehe im glad you like it! Did you see todays update?
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    Music and Me: Our Journey through life together

I only pray you'll never leave me behind (never leave me). Because good music can be so hard to find (so hard to find). My heart's a stereo. It beats for you, so listen close.

All future blog posts are in spoiler blocks to make it easier.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Music, for me is one of the reasons I am living today. It may seem weird, strange or even bizarre that I could even say that music is the reason I am not dead, but people often overlook how important it is to me. I remember having influences such as Michael Jackson and Prince being favourites in my household, as well as Bollywood music and so I had a great musical upbringing that often involved other cultures.

Several family members of mine sang and since I was a young girl, singing was often my passion. Growing up, I remember listening to S Club 7, Steps, Spice Girls, Destiny’s Child and a lot of the 2000s’ artists that we all love and remember still to this day. Music let me escape my childhood and problems, sometimes I depicted traits of a personality disorder, pretending I was a celebrity and every night I’d go to bed, I’d be her and I’d leave myself behind.

Whilst it never consumed me, I became disorientated in life and I lost track of who I was. Thankfully, I've sought help for this and it’s getting better. Writing songs has always come natural to me, as well as singing, I play instruments; the guitar, drums, keyboard, ukulele, ocarina,flute, the triangle (no judging! :laugh: ) and xylophone and so writing songs accompanies my musical talents. I usually write songs related to personal experiences, sometimes love but usually it’s the battles in my life that influence me immensely.

A lot of my musical tastes has changed over the years, I like all kinds of music but I always hold pop/rock, indie music/alternative and hip hop in my heart. I love 90’s music such as Fatboy Slim as my love for house music is just *sigh* :love: and early 2000’s music too. My favourite bands are Years & Years, the 1975, Coldplay, Twenty One Pilots (their lyrics reflect my life and mood and have helped me out in rough times), Foster The People, The Kooks, PVRIS, DNCE and many more. For artists, I usually listen to Daya, Alessia Cara, Zara Larsson, Melanie Martinez, Marina and The Diamonds, Kate Tempest (she is incredible!), Eliza Doolittle, Sia and Halsey. I’m aware I listen to a lot of music, I love more artists but I’m afraid this blog will become too long then! Oh and I also listen to Clean Bandit and Disclosure. And let us not forget James Blunt of course!

Music is a way of life, people don’t realise how important it is. From the lyrics, to the beats, to the composition, it can help someone out in the tough times. While someone is struggling, they can put their earphones in their ears and shut the world out, have some time to themselves and forget about their troubles.

Long live music. :adore:

x
    Music :love: It really becomes a way of life...especially when you spend days on end trying to find the perfect song :yep: And a fellow musician! :woo:

Great read, it seems you like a lot of genres...what do you think of classical though?
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by homeland.lsw)
    Music :love: It really becomes a way of life...especially when you spend days on end trying to find the perfect song :yep: And a fellow musician! :woo:

Great read, it seems you like a lot of genres...what do you think of classical though?
    I know! Still haven't found it, I just like too much music! And yes I am a fellow musician, become slightly rusty since GCSE's/A Levels have taken over my life. I love Classical music, it helps me revise, I literally played Mozart and Beethoven for three hours whilst I revised for an exam two weeks ago and there is a great classical music album on Spotify for studying.

ReputationRep:
    Music and Me: Our Journey through life together

I only pray you'll never leave me behind (never leave me). Because good music can be so hard to find (so hard to find). My heart's a stereo. It beats for you, so listen close.

All future blog posts are in spoiler blocks to make it easier.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Music, for me is one of the reasons I am living today. It may seem weird, strange or even bizarre that I could even say that music is the reason I am not dead, but people often overlook how important it is to me. I remember having influences such as Michael Jackson and Prince being favourites in my household, as well as Bollywood music and so I had a great musical upbringing that often involved other cultures.

Several family members of mine sang and since I was a young girl, singing was often my passion. Growing up, I remember listening to S Club 7, Steps, Spice Girls, Destiny’s Child and a lot of the 2000s’ artists that we all love and remember still to this day. Music let me escape my childhood and problems, sometimes I depicted traits of a personality disorder, pretending I was a celebrity and every night I’d go to bed, I’d be her and I’d leave myself behind.

Whilst it never consumed me, I became disorientated in life and I lost track of who I was. Thankfully, I've sought help for this and it’s getting better. Writing songs has always come natural to me, as well as singing, I play instruments; the guitar, drums, keyboard, ukulele, ocarina,flute, the triangle (no judging! :laugh: ) and xylophone and so writing songs accompanies my musical talents. I usually write songs related to personal experiences, sometimes love but usually it’s the battles in my life that influence me immensely.

A lot of my musical tastes has changed over the years, I like all kinds of music but I always hold pop/rock, indie music/alternative and hip hop in my heart. I love 90’s music such as Fatboy Slim as my love for house music is just *sigh* :love: and early 2000’s music too. My favourite bands are Years & Years, the 1975, Coldplay, Twenty One Pilots (their lyrics reflect my life and mood and have helped me out in rough times), Foster The People, The Kooks, PVRIS, DNCE and many more. For artists, I usually listen to Daya, Alessia Cara, Zara Larsson, Melanie Martinez, Marina and The Diamonds, Kate Tempest (she is incredible!), Eliza Doolittle, Sia and Halsey. I’m aware I listen to a lot of music, I love more artists but I’m afraid this blog will become too long then! Oh and I also listen to Clean Bandit and Disclosure. And let us not forget James Blunt of course!

Music is a way of life, people don’t realise how important it is. From the lyrics, to the beats, to the composition, it can help someone out in the tough times. While someone is struggling, they can put their earphones in their ears and shut the world out, have some time to themselves and forget about their troubles.

Long live music. :adore:

amazing! keep it up girll

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered creative corner threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.