Political Ambassador
    PS Reviewer
    B955 - Improvement of the British People Bill 2016, The Hon. Unown Uzer MP

Improvement of the British People Bill 2016

A
    BILL
    TO

Improve the British People

BE IT ENACTED by The Queen's most Excellent Majesty, by and with the advice and consent of the Commons in this present Parliament assembled, in accordance with the provisions of the Parliament Acts 1911 and 1949, and by the authority of the same, as follows:-

1) Definitions
    ‘Sterilise’ in the context of this bill refers to the deprivation of an individual to reproduce.

2) Improvement of the British People
    (1) All those over the age of 15 shall be subject to a health check (with karyotype test) and IQ test every year.
    (2) A ‘Ministry for the Improvement of the British People’ shall be established.
    (3) The NHS shall be responsible for carrying out all health checks and sterilisations, and shall set out a standard to determine whether an individual passes a karyotype test, and may adjust it with the approval of the Ministry for the Improvement of the British People, so that there are stricter requirements for each new phase.
    (4) To be exempt from Phase I, an individual must—
    (a) have an IQ of 110 or above;
    (b) pass the karyotype test;
    (c) have a height of 175 cm or above if he is male and 160 cm or above if she is female;
    (d) not have any chronic health condition;
    (e) not have any physical or mental disability;
    (f) not possess a criminal record; and
    (g) have a waistline not exceeding 94 cm if he is male and not exceeding 80 cm if she is female.
    (5) To be exempt from Phase II, an individual must—
    (a) meet the exemption requirements: (b), (d), (e), and (f) of Phase I;
    (b) have an IQ of 115 or above;
    (c) have a height of 180 cm or above if he is male and 165 cm or above if she is female; and
    (d) have a waistline not exceeding 90 cm if he is male and not exceeding 77 cm if she is female.
    (6) To be exempt from Phase III, an individual must—
    (a) meet exemption requirement: (a) of Phase II;
    (b) have an IQ of 120 or above;
    (c) have a height of 185 cm or above if he is male and 170 cm or above if she is female; and
    (d) have a waistline not exceeding 85 cm if he is male and not exceeding 74 cm if she is female.
    (7) To be exempt from Phase IV, an individual must—
    (a) meet the exemption requirements: (a) and (d) of Phase III;
    (b) have an IQ of 130 or above; and
    (c) have a height of 188 cm or above if he is male or 175 cm is she is female.
    (8) The Ministry for the Improvement of the British People may modify the exemption conditions of each phase and may add additional phases if necessary.
    (9) After Phase I sterilisation is complete, the NHS shall perform karyotype tests on all foetuses and abort all foetuses that fail to pass the karyotype test.

3) Phase I
    (1) Under Phase I, all those who fail to meet the exemption requirements under Phase I as defined in section 2 of this bill shall be sterilised.
    (2) Phase I shall occur no later than the end of 2020.
    (3) All those 18-25 years of age who are not sterilised shall be required to meet a quota of producing at least 2 babies in the period of time that they are 18-25 years of age, unless they are unable to do so for health reasons.
    (4) All those 26-36 years of age who are not sterilised shall be required to meet a quota of producing at least 2 babies in the period of time that they are 18-25 years of age, unless they are unable to do so for health reasons.
    (5) All those who are unable to reproduce for health reasons as determined by the NHS shall carry a certificate issued by the NHS to certify that they are unable to reproduce for health reasons.
    (6) The NHS shall be responsible for issuing certificates as stated in subsection 5.
    (7) The Ministry for the Improvement of the British People shall ensure that the quotas in subsections 3 and 4 are met, and shall offer assistance to any individual in reaching his or her quota should the Ministry determine that the said individual has difficulty reaching his or her quota.

4) Later Phases
    (1) The Ministry for the Improvement of the British People may consider moving on to the next phase if over 50% of the population meet the exemption requirements of the next phase.
    (2) In each phase, those who fail to meet the exemption requirements for that particular phase shall be sterilised.
    (3) Subsections (3) - (7) under section 3 shall apply to all phases.

5) Short title, commencement and extent
    (1) This Act may be cited as the Improvement of the British People Act 2016.
    (2) This Act comes into effect 90 days after Royal Assent.
    (3) This Act extends to Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Saw the title and the definition provided, instantly looked for a requirement of Blonde Hair and Blue Eyes.

An obvious Nay.

ReputationRep:
    I don't see why this would have any reference to non-genetic factors. I'm not inherently opposed to the idea though.

ReputationRep:
    Whoa. Ethical issues aside, I don't think this is how evolution works—you aren't breeding dogs, mate. :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah... no

This is literally bonkers. Incredible waste of money and just downright wrong.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by The Financier)
    Saw the title and the definition provided, instantly looked for a requirement of Blonde Hair and Blue Eyes.

An obvious Nay.
    I'll be alright then

Seriously though, is this meant to be a piss take... something to lighten the mood in the House...? No? Well then, this is the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    No!!!! For one this would result in most of the U.K. Being sterilised...

ReputationRep:
    It's bold, I'll give you that.

I feel if we're going to implement eugenics, we should do it more competently and scientifically than these arbitrary phases.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    The **** is wrong with you....

The last person who did something like this in a country ended up turning it into a fascist regime.

It's authoritarian, it's applying Darwinism to humans, which makes it absolutely out of the question.

Nay - obviously.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbsy91)
    I'll be alright then

Seriously though, is this meant to be a piss take... something to lighten the mood in the House...? No? Well then, this is the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen.
    I doubt it, this is hardly the first bill Unown has put forward showing his totalitarian tendencies.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by cBay)
    I doubt it, this is hardly the first bill Unown has put forward showing his totalitarian tendencies.
    I can't remember many other Bills quite this 'extreme'... except for my retaliation Bill to the one which basically gave landlords no rights at all xD That was a fun one to write
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I'll be alright then
    For some of the other requirements, I'm not sure you would be.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    For some of the other requirements, I'm not sure you would be.
    Last time I checked, I didn't have a criminal record
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Last time I checked, I didn't have a criminal record
    I was talking about the IQ requirements
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    I was talking about the IQ requirements
    Reported for bullying.

EDIT: How do I report someone!?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Someone pass unown a copy of Brave New World....

... or any Nazi Germany GCSE textbook.

An obvious nay.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EricAteYou)
    Someone pass unown a copy of Brave New World....

... or any Nazi Germany GCSE textbook.

An obvious nay.
    I don't see why having been used in Nazi Germany should be considered to automatically make a policy untenable.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I'm slightly concerned that unown uzer does not think this is a joke bill.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Ein Volk! Ein Reich! Ein Uzer!

Nice to see UKIP continue to get inspiration for their bills from Nazi Germany.

Nay.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 9, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.