Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Lime-man)
    My mum is in her late 30s and has nothing to do with it.
    The "your mum" joke is just the easiest response

(Original post by Andy98)
    Mate, you'd struggle getting laid in a morgue so you're probably not the best source for "your mum" jokes

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Wow...mean xD

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Unown Uzer include those born north of Hertfordshire into Phase 1, and replace the height for body fat and you get an Aye.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by PetrosAC)
    The "your mum" joke is just the easiest response

Wow...mean xD

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You throw me the balls and I'll bat them outta the park

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Saracen's Fez)
    I invite MPs to consider (though I obviously don't expect them to declare here) at which stage they would be sterilised themselves, if any.
    Possibly stage 1 due to height it would be fractions of a cm either way.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Aph)
    Possibly stage 1 due to height it would be fractions of a cm either way.
    Don't worry, with my suggested changes you should do fine.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Steralisations were actually carried out by many states at the time including the US (and India until recently). I'm not sure if the UK ever did but we certainly flirted with eugenics before WW2.
    I didn't know that, but I still disagree with it.

It can lead to cultures of division, look at Nazi Germany or India.

I think it's something as humans we will always flirt with but hopefully not impliment again.

Ein Volk! Ein Reich! Ein Uzer!

Nice to see UKIP continue to get inspiration for their bills from Nazi Germany.

Nay.
    Not UKIP.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Unown Uzer include those born north of Hertfordshire into Phase 1, and replace the height for body fat and you get an Aye.
    Stop attempting to steralise me dammit!

Being serious it occurred to me that OP has not actually defined the method that will be used and also how on earth he intends to enforce section 3 (and it should really be 3 children to counter the number who are being removed from the long term gene pool).

In relation to eugenics then we certainly should start giving babies genetic scans and offering financial incentives for certain people to abort and/or be steralized while also providing an incentive for others to breed.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    I invite MPs to consider (though I obviously don't expect them to declare here) at which stage they would be sterilised themselves, if any.
    Phase I, physical, possibly mental, disability(is Asperger's classed as a disability? Hmm.) Possibly the waistline as well.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    Don't worry, with my suggested changes you should do fine.
    I'm not sure... Depending what is ment by mental health conditions.
    (Original post by nebelbon)
    Not UKIP.
    Don't worry, it will be in everyone's manifestos that UKIP support sterilisation of most of the people in the UK
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Stop attempting to steralise me dammit!

Being serious it occurred to me that OP has not actually defined the method that will be used and also how on earth he intends to enforce section 3 (and it should really be 3 children to counter the number who are being removed from the long term gene pool).

In relation to eugenics then we certainly should start giving babies genetic scans and offering financial incentives for certain people to abort and/or be steralized while also providing an incentive for others to breed.
    I mean, if eugenics is your thing then the whole height and weight criteria is utterly pointless.

On another note, what happens if I don't fit the waistline when tested but do some sit-ups immediately afterwards and then do. do I still get "the chop".

ReputationRep:
    I'm happy to announce that I'd be able to keep my balls even at the very end of this ‘final solution’ but since I'm not British, I'd probably be kept as a ‘breeding stallion’ to provide the super-Brits with diverse genes to strengthen the gene pool (I hope he realises that inbreeding is what's probably caused the infamous British teeth and some other… let's call them weaknesses… so you need more than just the super-Brits to produce super-super-Brits).

(Not that I'd protest. )

ReputationRep:
    No doubt I'd go in phase one, won't go into more detail than that however
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I mean, if eugenics is your thing then the whole height and weight criteria is utterly pointless.

On another note, what happens if I don't fit the waistline when tested but do some sit-ups immediately afterwards and then do. do I still get "the chop".
    Any liberal eugenics approach should be geared towards intelligence and health primarily. The height and weight stuff is entirely pointless beyond vanity (granted i do love being tall).It can also more simply be done by applying it to children in the woom via abortion and genetic engineering. If you then simply get the undesirables to stop breeding within a century your goal is hit.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    The thing with IQ is it's nationally normalised, so you have reduced the population to zero.

Further, with the wait, you have also set an upper height limit

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    The thing with IQ is it's nationally normalised, so you have reduced the population to zero.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If we've not already i imagine that we'll find genes that predispose one to high intelligence. It would be better to simply switch the genes on via genetic engineering at birth than engage in IQ tests (though i consider them a better measure of brightness than intelligence).
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by nebelbon)
    Not UKIP.
    A senior member of UKIP. After the party-sponsored National Education Bill this is perhaps unsurprising.

At what point does the sum of a significant proportion of the parts become essentially equivalent to the whole?

It's "the snip".

(Original post by Jammy Duel)

Good spot.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    I've just realised that this bill also discriminates against those on low incomes and against some LGBT+ people, what with the bit about having to have kids. Shockingly, there are some people who genuinely can't afford two kids when they're a poor student aged 18-25.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    It's "the snip".
    In my case, a snip wouldn't cut it

I made a joke and a pun in the same sentence, I want a cookie.

ReputationRep:
    Waistline not exceeding 94cm rules me out, I'm a good 25cm out.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 9, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.