Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I stumbled across an article about improving procrastination habits; it included an app called Forest. I had a few spare pence on the App Store, and so I downloaded this app.

I realised that I was paying for something to stop me from using something else that I had paid to use. And it did it by shoving cartoon trees in my face. I was almost annoyed at myself for wasting money on such a thing.

But then I realised that it had a leaderboard; I could compete with people to stop wasting time and grow fake trees. Being extremely competitive, this immediately changed my life. I am now 38% more anti-procrastination, and I am able to concentrate for 7 longer.

You can even use your coins to make someone grow a real tree, which is also nice.

So there. If you have a spare £1.49 left on the app store from that time your nan gave you a £10 app store money card thing and the other £8.51 decayed into strange alternative apps that have since dissolved into a higher dimension, invest in this app. It will save your sad and pathetic life.

http://www.forestapp.cc/

Apologies for the misleading title; I realise that this is not a lyric poem (not a good lyric poem ).

ReputationRep:
    This looks awesome and I got it on Android (for free - suck on that Apple peasants :ahee:) but for some reason it allows me to hit the home button and exit the app for no penalty. Is that supposed to happen?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student403)
    This looks awesome and I got it on Android (for free - suck on that Apple peasants :ahee:) but for some reason it allows me to hit the home button and exit the app for no penalty. Is that supposed to happen?
    If I try to leave the app on my phone it says something like "go back immediately or your tree will die".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ombtom)
    If I try to leave the app on my phone it says something like "go back immediately or your tree will die".
    Nice xD

I don't really get how it works, so it shoves cartoon trees at you if you open another app like Facebook or something? what?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student403)
    Yeah, you can "whitelist" certain apps and stuff. So as long as you don't shut down the app and you're not on any unauthorised apps your tree will continue to grow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tabstercat)
    I don't really get how it works, so it shoves cartoon trees at you if you open another app like Facebook or something? what?
    You set a timer; if you're on a phone you can't leave the app during that time. If you're on a computer you can't go on blacklisted sites (you can choose which sites are included). A tree grows during the time. If you click "give up", the tree dies. You build a forest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KaylaB)
    Yeah, you can "whitelist" certain apps and stuff. So as long as you don't shut down the app and you're not on any unauthorised apps your tree will continue to grow
    Oh thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I have downloaded it a week ago. It really has improved my concentration and it helps not to waste so much time!! :top:

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.