12.50%
    Ok
    12.50%

ReputationRep:
    Tell your story

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shimmeringsofya)
    Tell your story
    After 6 months of talking, we met, We firstly went to nandos, then costs, it was so good the conversation wasn't forced. Then we went shopping in Oxford street, looked around in a museum and then I don't know where time went but we sat on a bench right under the London eye and cuddled for about an hour because it was so cold. It was so nice and cosy I will never forget it

ReputationRep:
    It's going to happen any day now I swear. One day I will have enough money to afford a drink.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/CdhokojWtYQ/hqdefault.jpg
    Attachments Pending Approval
  1. File Type: jpg 044_purple-zoidberg.jpg (40.2 KB)
  2. File Type: gif giphy.gif (85.7 KB)
  3. File Type: jpg hqdefault.jpg (13.1 KB)

ReputationRep:
    never been on one

ReputationRep:
    Amazing! Nothing could've been better.
    I was asked out to celebrate our 1 year anniversary. We ate pasta at an Italian place. Finished off with great coffee and shared some scoops of homemade gelato.

If you're curious: no, I never went on a date before getting a boyfriend. I'm not from the UK, and my country don't have much of a dating culture.

ReputationRep:
    Good, i'd rather not go into detail because I am an awfully specific man and might give the game away if the woman in question did ever (heaven forbid) use this website.

(Original post by jawsontheflooor)
    never been on one
    allll byyyy myseeeeelfffff

(Original post by whorace)
    Good, i'd rather not go into detail because I am an awfully specific man and might give the game away if the woman in question did ever (heaven forbid) use this website.
    " good" might as well say nothing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    " good" might as well say nothing.
    You did

ReputationRep:
    Pretty idyllic to be fair, went round some gardens, which had some nice landscapes and woodland walks.

ReputationRep:
    If you have a "first date", you're doing it wrong in my opinion. Just hang out as friends, talk, get to know them, and figure out later if you want to "just" be friends or start a relationship.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    It took place on a Saturday, I believe.

It has to be. I was still a college student and rarely met people on a Sunday. And my week was fully filled with classes. I was getting a bit tired of the meaningless meets which the apps I used brought so I was pleased and flattered when he suggested we go on a date.

He was sufficiently interested and we shared a few interests such as theatre and fine dining. It also didn't hurt that he was polite and articulate.

I worried about setting the tone of our first meeting too high, so suggested we go to a cafe. It served the purpose of being a place where we could chat away from our homes while still being relatively laid back.

I picked my outfit carefully and wore a slimming, black ensemble - making sure to tame my wild hair with some product I'd specifically purchased.He was a bit early and texted me to indicate where he waited. I ventured across with a small grin on my face but stopped short when I spotted him from afar. He was considerably different than the photos he'd previously sent. In particular, he was far older and fatter than I realised.

For a moment, I considered standing him up. However, my conscience would not allow me to be so cruel. Walking across the space between us, I willed the time to speed up and focused on maintaining my neutral expression.We exchanged the mandatory pleasantries and then headed to the nearby cafe.

Soon after, disaster one struck. He asked me what I was studying and I explained that I was doing Science A-levels and wished to study Medicine in order to become a Doctor. He asked me what my motivations were for choosing that profession and I explained, waxing enthusiastic about my choice. In closing, I joked about why I wouldn't want to be a nurse.

I thought I detected a change in the atmosphere but dismissed the thought as a mere speck of my paranoia. Speculatively, though, I asked "Are you by any chance a nurse?" expecting him to negate the query. To my surprise, he responded with the affirmative and I winced, knowing that I'd put my foot in my mouth.

I thought that would be the end of the evening's surprises. How wrong I was! About 15 minutes later, as he was talking, I reached forward with my hand to grab a napkin to wipe at my mouth but accidentally spilled the half full cup of hot chocolate on the table and him.

I immediately apologised profusely and helped him clean himself up. But it was too late. We called it a night shortly after and I set off home.

The only time I've since spoken to him was when I accidentally texted, expecting someone else who I'd started to see.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom78)
    Pretty idyllic to be fair, went round some gardens, which had some nice landscapes and woodland walks.
    Sounds somewhat similiar to mine, although I must hesitate on detail, it was of a similiar nature.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whorace)
    Write everything that comes to your mind even if it would be an essay

ReputationRep:
    My first date

She dropped out of uni shortly after.

Whoops.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PoisonSky;[url="tel:63735275")
    63735275[/url]]My first date

She dropped out of uni shortly after.

Whoops.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm afraid to ask what you've done to her

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 29, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.