The Student Room Group

Studying a-levels independently

I'm doing maths AS (edexcel) and computer science(ocr) by myself, and found myself a bit stuck on the computer science practical. any ideas on how to go about choosing a project and how to make sure it meets the criteria? (what are the criteria??)
Reply 1
Original post by GABBOD
I'm doing maths AS (edexcel) and computer science(ocr) by myself, and found myself a bit stuck on the computer science practical. any ideas on how to go about choosing a project and how to make sure it meets the criteria? (what are the criteria??)

Are you taking new or old spec? AS or A2 level?
Theres a practical for the computer science AS? I thought that was only at A2 :/
Reply 3
Original post by Someboady
Theres a practical for the computer science AS? I thought that was only at A2 :/

It is only the A2, sorry I wrote AS maths, didn't specify full A-level for Computer science
Reply 4
Original post by GABBOD
It is only the A2, sorry I wrote AS maths, didn't specify full A-level for Computer science

If you are taking A2 now then you must be doing the old spec A level in Computing. The specification is here and other information is here: http://www.ocr.org.uk/qualifications/as-a-level-gce-computing-h047-h447/

To do it you need to have a teacher to verify the work as yours and to mark it. I suggest you ask her if you can't work it out from the link.

Quick Reply

Latest