The Student Room Group

Most overrated films

Scroll to see replies

Titanic and Avatar.
Resident Evil...i can't understand what other ppl like about it.....
I heard there's one more film coming out

Spoiler

So many people here not knowing what "overrated" means. If you didn't like Fifty Shades of Grey, that's fine because nobody did. It got nominated for several Golden Raspberries. That's precisely why it isn't overrated.

Also, for your consideration; The Girl with all the Gifts, Boyhood and The Harry Potter franchise.
easiest answer of all time citizen kane. nothing happens like the entire time yet people bring it up like its a cinimatic masterpiece and ****
Deadpool. The humour is extremely forced
Original post by ward47
easiest answer of all time citizen kane. nothing happens like the entire time yet people bring it up like its a cinimatic masterpiece and ****

Well, it can be boring to you (and others) and yet be a cinematic masterpiece.
The Revenant, didn't live up to the hype
the lord of the rings
those films were just so intensely boring that I didn't even make it through the 2nd film
and the two towers film was like...5 hours?
apparently the books for LOTR and the hobbit were way more boring;
i.e. "bilbo listened to their song: *insert lyrics here* and then he danced as he strolled home. then he thought to himself, 'what was that song again?' and then he remembered the tune and sang: *insert more lyrics here*"
*shudders*
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by yudothis
Well, it can be boring to you (and others) and yet be a cinematic masterpiece.

i Know it is possible for a fil;m to be both uneventful and a cinematic masterpiece. Its just that after all the hype of people reccomending that i watch it the uneventful plot simple made it feel a little underwhelming is all
Probably already been said but Titanic

Quick Reply

Latest