Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Even my dad thinks I'm ugly! So how can anyone else think I look ok. Watch

My family were talking about family members and who looks like who in the family. My mum mentioned that I looked like my aunt (my dads sister) and had the same nose but that I had a nicer face. My dad said 'what, Kate (me), do you think so' he screwed up his face a bit and said ' na I was nicer than her at her age' my mum replied 'you weren't that bloody nice' and he said 'no I didn't say I was nice but I was nicer than her'. Then the conversation changed/got diverted. The thing is I can only hope that I look better than him at his age as he looks really bad and has lost of wrinkles round his eyes, I didn't say this though lol. No wonder I don't get boyfriends, I workout 5 times a week and lift weights 3 times (don't look muscular) so it's not my body as I get complimented on this lol.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    My family were talking about family members and who looks like who in the family. My mum mentioned that I looked like my aunt (my dads sister) and had the same nose but that I had a nicer face. My dad said 'what, Kate (me), do you think so' he screwed up his face a bit and said ' na I was nicer than her at her age' my mum replied 'you weren't that bloody nice' and he said 'no I didn't say I was nice but I was nicer than her'. Then the conversation changed/got diverted. The thing is I can only hope that I look better than him at his age as he looks really bad and has lost of wrinkles round his eyes, I didn't say this though lol. No wonder I don't get boyfriends, I workout 5 times a week and lift weights 3 times (don't look muscular) so it's not my body as I get complimented on this lol.
    He's probably jealous of your youth. My dad put me down in a similar way and I came to find out that his own mid life crisis was making him mean and envious of me and the fact that I'm young and free (something he desperately wants to be, but can never be now). Also it's weird that some parents fear their girls having boyfriends, being sexually active etc. so will put them down and make them feel ugly so they don't go out and hook up.

Well done for doing all the working out and lifting. I'm also very active and work hard on my body but no boyfriend! I know it sounds horrible but it annoys me that a lot of lazy people couple up with ease.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 29, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.