Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AQA A2 MFP2 Further Pure 2 – 24th June [Exam Discussion Thread] Watch

ReputationRep:
    ***This is a discussion thread for the AQA June 2016 Further Pure 2 Exam ***

This thread is to discuss any questions you have about the AQA FP2 course and to discuss the exam after it happens. I will also be posting the unofficial mark scheme either on this thread or will link to it from here if someone else does it. Good luck in your exams!

I will be regularly checking up on the thread and am happy to help with any questions that people have

Date: 24th June
    Time: 09:00
    Duration: 1h 30m

Resources

FP2 Revision Materials and Past Papers: https://goo.gl/7D0ZnQ
    Revision Videos: http://www.furthermaths.org.uk/aqa-revision

ReputationRep:
    Good luck to all doing the best module of the best exam board

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zetamcfc)
    Good luck to all doing the best module of the best exam board
    I have to agree with you there, FP2 is definitely my favourite content wise I take it you are sitting it this year? Have you been doing much revision yet?

ReputationRep:
    hey! i just finished revising this unit and i was wondering, is there any topic other than de moivre's that people find particularly difficult? everyone says that fp2 is a huge step up from fp1, but i really don't feel like most chapters are too bad with the right technique and lots of practise. de moivre's is a huge exception though heh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jjsnyder)
    I have to agree with you there, FP2 is definitely my favourite content wise I take it you are sitting it this year? Have you been doing much revision yet?
    Been there done it would recommend newer papers, as the older papers are rather easy compared to the new ones.

ReputationRep:
    Been there done it would recommend newer papers, as the older papers are rather easy compared to the new ones.
    Yeah defintely the newer papers are much better, older papers seem far too simple, they are useful to ease you into it at the start though!

ReputationRep:
    of the best exam board
    Peasants! at least our textbooks are nice to look at
    Spoiler:
    Show
    banter - wish you all the best with FP2!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student403)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Oh how I wish I was doing FP2, but alas that was lat year, uni exams await
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Good luck with EDEXCEL

ReputationRep:
    Oh how I wish I was doing FP2, but alas that was lat year, uni exams await
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Good luck with EDEXCEL
    Ohh that's cool! Mathmo?

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    They aren't the best looking, very informative though! Not sure about Edexcel's

ReputationRep:
    They aren't the best looking, very informative though! Not sure about Edexcel's
    I did a chapter from AQA's M3 and it was very nice and concise. Edexcel's usually have a bit too many questions

ReputationRep:
    I did a chapter from AQA's M3 and it was very nice and concise. Edexcel's usually have a bit too many questions
    Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe we don't have an M3 textbook :/ Was it one of the older ones? (It has been an absolute pain finding resources for M3-5!)

ReputationRep:
    Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe we don't have an M3 textbook :/ Was it one of the older ones? (It has been an absolute pain finding resources for M3-5!)
    I don't know if you've found this already but here's a link to a pdf of relevant textbook chapters from the old textbooks for M3.

http://www.maths.lancs.ac.uk/~groves...0Materials.pdf

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheLifelessRobot)
    I don't know if you've found this already but here's a link to a pdf of relevant textbook chapters from the old textbooks for M3.

http://www.maths.lancs.ac.uk/~groves...0Materials.pdf
    Yes I have been using that to learn the module, very useful!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    ***This is a discussion thread for the AQA June 2016 Further Pure 2 Exam ***

This thread is to discuss any questions you have about the AQA FP2 course and to discuss the exam after it happens. I will also be posting the unofficial mark scheme either on this thread or will link to it from here if someone else does it. Good luck in your exams!
    Thanks for making this thread OP! I've added it to the Exam Directory Thread which you can find here. Use that thread to find discussions on your other exam papers, and do let me know if you spot any that aren't on the list. Good luck with this exam!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fox Corner)
    Thanks for making this thread OP! I've added it to the Exam Directory Thread which you can find here. Use that thread to find discussions on your other exam papers, and do let me know if you spot any that aren't on the list. Good luck with this exam!
    Thanks for that, I'll let you know if I create any others, will do a Core 1 one if no one else gets round to it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Really need to crack on with revision for this module, FM teacher is so bad I spent half the year struggling to self-teach

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adam_98)
    Really need to crack on with revision for this module, FM teacher is so bad I spent half the year struggling to self-teach

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I am fully self taught this year, I have to admit FP2 was one of the harder ones to self teach (M5 and FP4 were the hardest though!), took me a while to get to grips with some of the topics.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What would people say the hardest topic in fp2 is?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hjyu1)
    What would people say the hardest topic in fp2 is?
    For me personally, I would say nth roots of unity, but it really depends on the paper I find. Sometimes roots of unity questions are the easiest.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.