3. -3/4 + ln7

4. sqrt(3)*pi/18

5. |z| = 8
    arg w = 2pi/3
    z = 2e^i*pi*x where x = 5/18, 17/18, -7/18

6. 2/3 (forgot the context of that)
    A = 3cosh^-1 2 + 6sqrt3 + 5

7. When n = 1, LHS = 1+p = RHS => true for n=1
    If true for n=k, (1+p)^k >= 1+kp => (1+p)^(k+1) = (1+kp)(1+p) = 1 + kp + p + kp^2 = 1+(k+1)p + kp^2 >= 1 + (k+1)p
    => true for n=k+1 => true for all integers n >= 1 by induction

8. z = i*tan(phi) where phi = 5/8, 3/8, 7/8
    tan^2*tan^2 of things = 1
    tan*tan + tan*tan of things = 6

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThusSpakeAlex)
    What'd you think o 'the induction? (broken keyboard)
    Not too bad. It's a very useful inequality and it's actually quite a famous one (Bernoulli's, if I'm not mistaken), so the proof is quite well known.

ReputationRep:
    I did not find this paper as "nice" as people are saying it is. But anyway, time to go and revise M2 and Unit 5 Physics.

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was alright, Didnt get the last 8 but feel like I manged to get most of the rest. Any idea what 60 would get me? I hope its an A.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snimkar)
    I thought it was alright, Didnt get the last 8 but feel like I manged to get most of the rest. Any idea what 60 would get me? I hope its an A.
    Its been at least a low A every year for quite a while so I hope so. I think I got about the same.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrMagic12345)
    Its been at least a low A every year for quite a while so I hope so. I think I got about the same.
    Hey a low A is still an A, thats all I need haha

ReputationRep:
    what do you think 34 marks will be? :')

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lol ok but)
    what do you think 34 marks will be? :'
    Probably 45 UMS so an E.

ReputationRep:
    Did people find this paper harder than last year's, or do people think the grade boundaries will increase?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tanyapotter)
    Did people find this paper harder than last year's, or do people think the grade boundaries will increase?
    Depends on where your strengths lie. There was a lot on integration and hyperbolics this year and if you were well prepared for this it would've been an easy(ish) paper. Hard to call the boundaries though.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.