ReputationRep:
    Road
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by asif007)
    How come we never see you on TSR Bollywood Society? Tell us some of your thoughts on there.

Yes, it's called Namastey England and starts filming in August AFAIK. The first one was awesome so I've got high expectations for Part 2.

What was the last Bollywood film you saw?
    Oh god, I think Namastey London actually!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhythmical)
    Oh god, I think Namastey London actually!
    Really, that far back? Well at least it was an awesome film like that instead of something rubbish like Chennai Express!

You do have several years of great Bollywood films to catch up on though, lol.

ReputationRep:
    Really, that far back? Well at least it was an awesome film like that instead of something rubbish like Chennai Express!

I thought chennai express was a good movie, it's so funny!!

ReputationRep:

chennai express was fab :yes: compare to namasty london

ReputationRep:
    That one where Hrithik Roshan dies and his clone takes over and falls in love with the actress and it was never explained how

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KaurNav)
    I thought chennai express was a good movie, it's so funny!!
    Lots of my South Indian friends enjoyed it - they seemed to be able to relate to the Tamil humour a bit better. But SRK was so god-awful in that film, trying too hard to be funny. Happy New Year was only slightly better.

(Original post by fatima1998)
    chennai express was fab :yes: compare to namasty london
    That's something else we disagree on. Akshay is a better comedian - look how many great comedy films he's made. SRK makes one comedy that isn't funny and everyone fools themselves into thinking it was good. It wasn't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yoda123)
    That one where Hrithik Roshan dies and his clone takes over and falls in love with the actress and it was never explained how
    Kaho Naa Pyaar Hai

ReputationRep:
    Kaho Naa Pyaar Hai
    that's the one!

ReputationRep:
    Lots of my South Indian friends enjoyed it - they seemed to be able to relate to the Tamil humour a bit better. But SRK was so god-awful in that film, trying too hard to be funny. Happy New Year was only slightly better.

That's something else we disagree on. Akshay is a better comedian - look how many great comedy films he's made. SRK makes one comedy that isn't funny and everyone fools themselves into thinking it was good. It wasn't.
    i am sorry
    but i disagree with you completely...
    i hardly watch Akshay's movies...
    but its your choice so its good :thumbsup:
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad

Oh no this was recently. I've watched some of the new ones and find that they aren't good as the older ones.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Here are a few of my favourites that I haven't seen pop up yet after 'flicking' through the thread.
    • Ishq -one of the first movies I watched and I was hooked on that stuff
    • Judwaa
    • Koi Mil Gaya
    • Main Hoon Na
    • Hum Tum
    • Tere Naam - Nothing has ever made me so sad.
    • Race - especially because of that sublime song :coma:
    • New York
    • Aakrosh - The Shetty double act one
    • Humraaz
    • Nayak
    • Bunty Aur Babli
    • Aur Pyaar Ho Gaya
    • Gupt
    • Ajnabee
    • 36 China Town
    • Mohabbatein - If it has both style and substance, I don't care how long it is.

Edit: add Gopi Kishan and Koyla to the list as well

Edit 2: I had Swades in my mind the other day but I just realised it's not the list...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatima1998)
    i am sorry
    but i disagree with you completely...
    i hardly watch Akshay's movies...
    but its your choice so its good :thumbsup:
    Well I think that's just silly. Akshay makes more films in all genres than any other Bollywood actor - anyone who doesn't watch or dislikes his films is ignorant. There's a reason why Akshay explored the whole comedy genre over 10 years while SRK has only made 3 comedies.

Oh no this was recently. I've watched some of the new ones and find that they aren't good as the older ones.
    Oh ok. Better late than never! Which recent films did you see? Why do you prefer the older ones over them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RVNmax)
    Here are a few of my favourites that I haven't seen pop up yet after 'flicking' through the thread.
    • Ishq -one of the first movies I watched and I was hooked on that stuff
    • Judwaa
    • Koi Mil Gaya
    • Main Hoon Na
    • Hum Tum
    • Tere Naam - Nothing has ever made me so sad.
    • Race - especially because of that sublime song :coma:
    • New York
    • Aakrosh - The Shetty double act one
    • Humraaz
    • Nayak
    • Bunty Aur Babli
    • Aur Pyaar Ho Gaya
    • Gupt
    • Ajnabee
    • 36 China Town
    • Mohabbatein - If it has both style and substance, I don't care how long it is.

Edit: add Gopi Kishan and Koyla to the list as well
    Some awesome choices here, including a few I haven't seen!

There can't be a single Bollywood fan who hasn't fallen in love with your favourite song from Race, haha.

• Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    Well I think that's just silly. Akshay makes more films in all genres than any other Bollywood actor - anyone who doesn't watch or dislikes his films is ignorant. There's a reason why Akshay explored the whole comedy genre over 10 years while SRK has only made 3 comedies.

Oh ok. Better late than never! Which recent films did you see? Why do you prefer the older ones over them?
    I watched it a long time ago but my sister was watching it so I just watched it with her. And I feel as if the newer ones have declined in quality, some of them are literally flops at the cinema and it never seems to be as engaging and gripping as ten years previously.

probably been mentioned already but I really liked Chennai Express and Ram-Leela. I thought Dedh Ishqiya was great too, so beautifully put together

(Original post by Student403)
    3 Idiots
    just watched this, cotdamn

I was catching feels left right and centre

It's also the first time I've seen engineers be useful since Apollo 13

ReputationRep:
    I watched it a long time ago but my sister was watching it so I just watched it with her. And I feel as if the newer ones have declined in quality, some of them are literally flops at the cinema and it never seems to be as engaging and gripping as ten years previously.
    If you're comparing the films from 10 years ago to something like Mastizaade or Grand Masti, yeah the quality has declined a lot. But those types of cheap films are in the minority. You need only look at some of the top films of 2015 e.g. Bajrangi Bhaijaan, Baby, Drishyam, Badlapur, Bajirao Mastani - all of which are on par with (if not better than) the films from 10 years ago.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    If you're comparing the films from 10 years ago to something like Mastizaade or Grand Masti, yeah the quality has declined a lot. But those types of cheap films are in the minority. You need only look at some of the top films of 2015 e.g. Bajrangi Bhaijaan, Baby, Drishyam, Badlapur, Bajirao Mastani - all of which are on par with (if not better than) the films from 10 years ago.
    I might do when I get time, school takes a lot of time out of my social life so ywah thanks for the list. What is your favourite all time favourite Bollywood film?

ReputationRep:
    then there will be an awful lot of people whom you called ignorant!
    everyone has different taste and i think YOU should respect that :yes:

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.