Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi all!

I've got a training contract and I'll be doing my LPC part time alongside it, and I think I want to go to BPP in Holborn. I'm now wondering what my best option is:

-Do my training contract part time (so it will take a little longer) and do the LPC on Mondays and Fridays.
    -Do my training contract full time but do the LPC on every other Saturday/every third weekend.

Does anyone have any experience doing the part time LPC alongside a full time job? How did you find it?

Thanks

VF

ReputationRep:
    I know someone who did the LPC part time whilst working full time. I think you will be very busy doing it this way.

However, do what you feel most comfortable with.

ReputationRep:
    I study the LPC part time whilst working full time as a paralegal (though my firm have given me a TC).

I find it hard as a paralegal doing it part time whilst working full time. Im at BPP, I do 2 evenings a week but the prep means you're looking at on average 16 hours a week, plus exams. I didn't realise it would be this hard!

If I could, I would do part time LPC, part time work. I don't have that option due to personal circumstances (mortgage etc.).

BPP are generally really flexible with you though- theres some times I can't go on an evening and they let me go to the Saturday classes. They are sympathetic to part time students too, I just wouldn't advise full time work where you have a choice.

I also find that doing the evening class means it is more fluid/structured. The danger with a saturday class is that you have 3 sessions of 2 hours each, every other week. Which means students cram their prep. Doing it more regularly can make it more manageable

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.