Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AQA A2 MFP3 Further Pure 3 – 18th May 2016 [Exam Discussion Thread] Watch

• Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by -jordan-)
    It was lnx/x^7 with limits infinity and 1 I believe.
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C0balt)
    Do you remember how many marks was Maclaurin

Posted from TSR Mobile
    3 for maclaurin
    1 for the subs of .1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -jordan-)
    Said no one, ever
    Says me, after that FP3 paper I can't wait to see what kinds of wacky questions they've put in the FP2 paper .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barbecuetime123)
    3 for maclaurin
    1 for the subs of .1
    Ah okay thanks, hopefully the 1 mark is ECF and so hopefully lost 6 marks maximum on this paper or else goodbye to my first choice lmao

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ah okay thanks, hopefully the 1 mark is ECF and so hopefully lost 6 marks maximum on this paper or else goodbye to my first choice lmao

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What's your first choice?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone any idea of what the grade boundaries should be for a B/C/D?

ReputationRep:
    From memory these where the questions and my answers. i made a few mistakes and if someone could explain Q2 and Q4 to me that would be great
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JME_CHG)
    What's your first choice?
    Cambridge, need A* in FM but things are looking grim right now. I wanted to get as many UMS as possible in FP3 because I find FP2 much more difficult and I think it's easier to make FP2 questions more difficult if you know what I mean. Oh well, Ill see how FP4 M3 M2 go...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Busted838)
    From memory these where the questions and my answers. i made a few mistakes and if someone could explain Q2 and Q4 to me that would be great
    Yeah Q2 is wrong there. Btw \dfrac{1}{1-x^2}=1+x^2+x^4+x^6+ \ldots
    It's just an infinite geometric series with first term 1 common ratio x^2, no need for Maclaurin!!

Algebraic slip in Q4.

For Q6 better just to say p \rightarrow \infty corresponds to a \rightarrow 0^+ and use log laws to write \ln(\frac{1}{a})=-\ln a.

Mistakes in Q8 integration.

Q5 not completed?

Apart from those points I think everything else is ok.

ReputationRep:
    Cambridge, need A* in FM but things are looking grim right now. I wanted to get as many UMS as possible in FP3 because I find FP2 much more difficult and I think it's easier to make FP2 questions more difficult if you know what I mean. Oh well, Ill see how FP4 M3 M2 go...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What course is this? NatSci?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IrrationalRoot)
    What course is this? NatSci?
    Yeah

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah Q2 is wrong there. Btw \dfrac{1}{1-x^2}=1+x^2+x^4+x^6+ \ldots
    It's just an infinite geometric series with first term 1 common ratio x^2, no need for Maclaurin!!

Algebraic slip in Q4.

For Q6 better just to say p \rightarrow \infty corresponds to a \rightarrow 0^+ and use log laws to write \ln(\frac{1}{a})=-\ln a.

Mistakes in Q8 integration.

Q5 not completed?

Apart from those points I think everything else is ok.

what is the slip in Q4 and mistake in integration?

and thanks aha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Busted838)
    what is the slip in Q4 and mistake in integration?

and thanks aha
    Well there's nothing specific to note, just a couple of algebraic errors that can be easily corrected by going over the algebra again.

ReputationRep:
    I totally messed up one question(expansion with Euler stuff) and maybe another part of a second question but the rest seems similar to anyone else does anyone think that will be enough for an A(literally scrape 80)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hjyu1)
    I totally messed up one question(expansion with Euler stuff) and maybe another part of a second question but the rest seems similar to anyone else does anyone think that will be enough for an A(literally scrape 80)
    Seems like the grade boundaries maybe like last years. http://www.aqa.org.uk/exams-administ...t-marks-to-ums Have a look and see what you roughly need to get.

ReputationRep:
    Dear Grade Boundaries,

Please be at least like June 2014 and refrain from being a '2015 FP1' and be high af despite everyone agreeing it was atrocious.
    Your cooperation would be greatly appreciated.

Yours sincerely,
    Year 13 students

ReputationRep:
    Well that exam was hard work...

ReputationRep:
    Dear Grade Boundaries,

Please be at least like June 2014 and refrain from being a '2015 FP1' and be high af despite everyone agreeing it was atrocious.
    Your cooperation would be greatly appreciated.

Yours sincerely,
    Year 13 students
    I think it'll be about 71 for 100 UMS this time. And 2015 FP1 wasn't that bad .

You're right about it being easier to make FP2 harder though, but it's good in a way since the questions will be even more challenging/interesting than those in this year's FP3 . FP3 is a lot more boring than FP2 generally.

As for M2 I just know that they'll make that really tough and screw everyone over with strange questions...

ReputationRep:
    I think it'll be about 71 for 100 UMS this time. And 2015 FP1 wasn't that bad .

You're right about it being easier to make FP2 harder though, but it's good in a way since the questions will be even more challenging/interesting than those in this year's FP3 . FP3 is a lot more boring than FP2 generally.

As for M2 I just know that they'll make that really tough and screw everyone over with strange questions...
    FP1 wasn't [i]that[i] bad but nobody said it was easy or similar to past papers, turns out it had 74/75 for full UMS which was surprising for people's reactions

I'm all up for interesting questions if they're not my exam tbh lol. I'm so hopeless at creative FP2 questions watch me burn next month lmao

I'm not too worried about M2 on the other hand, I'm much better at mechanics. Plus I think a lot of non FM people take M2 too so mark distribution won't be as punishing for me I'm guessing

ReputationRep:
    what did zacin Zacken think

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.