Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sam_97)
    It sounds like your answer is the same as mine, written in a different form. In which case, you'll definitely get full marks
    Yeah I got worried after the exam after I saw the answer and it had a totally different answer I couldn't work out where I went wrong

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hjyu1)
    Yeah that's it I got -3/2 for c so yeah hopefully the marker sees what I've done
    Excuse my horrific latex skills :P I presume that enough people will have done that for it to be on the mark scheme, and if not the examiner should see what we have done.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hjyu1)
    Yeah I got worried after the exam after I saw the answer and it had a totally different answer I couldn't work out where I went wrong
    Your answer is perfectly fine! I suspect more people will have used a substitution anyway to be honest

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jjsnyder)
    STEP is a beautiful but excruciatingly painful exam which I am not very good at :getscoat:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well some insecurity is better than over confidence i wish you all the best with STEP and other exams, and will hopefully see you around next year.... 😅 which college?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C0balt)
    Well some insecurity is better than over confidence i wish you all the best with STEP and other exams, and will hopefully see you around next year.... 😅 which college?
    Lol ur deferring ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Duke Glacia)
    Lol ur deferring ?
    Next academic year is what I meant
    Though I could also defer if I wanted to.

ReputationRep:
    Next academic year is what I meant
    Though I could also defer if I wanted to.
    I c
    i may defer tbh if i meet offer

ReputationRep:
    Johns

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ah nice, I stayed there two nights when I was visiting colleges. Loved the burger place in front of John's haha

ReputationRep:
    for the proof of the Area of the triangle on the last question, did you state the use of Sin(π/6) because I've been so used to some trigonometric values that I just put 1/2 but I feel like they might disregard my proof as I think they will think that I might've worked backwards from the answer although that would've been hard considering how many were surds involved

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DEWR98)
    for the proof of the Area of the triangle on the last question, did you state the use of Sin(π/6) because I've been so used to some trigonometric values that I just put 1/2 but I feel like they might disregard my proof as I think they will think that I might've worked backwards from the answer although that would've been hard considering how many were surds involved
    No that's fine, sin(pi/6) = 1/2 is such a common result they'll know what you are doing, if you were pulling sin(pi/24) out with no working or something then perhaps, but even then they are likely to still give you the marks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I did the same thing, v=x+1 leads to  y =  \frac{(x+1)^2}{2} + 2(x+1) + ln(x+1) - \frac{3}{2} which should get full marks still.
    I got this also.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks @jjsnyder that was really plaguing me, good luck on the rest of your A2 subjects as well as everyone else on this thread; it's plain AS physics and chemistry on the new specs for me to worry about until I'm in year 13

ReputationRep:
    Thanks @jjsnyder that was really plaguing me, good luck on the rest of your A2 subjects as well as everyone else on this thread; it's plain AS physics and chemistry on the new specs for me to worry about until I'm in year 13
    No problem, when I first looked at the answers I was a little worried as well! Thanks, I have heard the new specs are difficult, hope it goes okay for you

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Wtf, how did u know that sin30=1/2, thats wikid

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsmaths)
    Wtf, how did u know that sin30=1/2, thats wikid

Posted from TSR Mobile
    This guy is a known troll

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    This guy is a known troll

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The banter is unreal.
    I wish i did aqa, seems fun, edexcel is tol eazy.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The banter is unreal.
    I wish i did aqa, seems fun, edexcel is tol eazy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I don't think AQA is any harder tbh, some of our papers are very simple, I'd like hard papers and higher grade boundaries personally!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The banter is unreal.
    Do you mean complex?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zacken)
    Do you mean complex?
    Complex \not = Nonreal though

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.