Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AQA A2 MFP3 Further Pure 3 – 18th May 2016 [Exam Discussion Thread] Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sam_97)
    It sounds like your answer is the same as mine, written in a different form. In which case, you'll definitely get full marks
    Yeah I got worried after the exam after I saw the answer and it had a totally different answer I couldn't work out where I went wrong

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hjyu1)
    Yeah that's it I got -3/2 for c so yeah hopefully the marker sees what I've done
    Excuse my horrific latex skills :P I presume that enough people will have done that for it to be on the mark scheme, and if not the examiner should see what we have done.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hjyu1)
    Yeah I got worried after the exam after I saw the answer and it had a totally different answer I couldn't work out where I went wrong
    Your answer is perfectly fine! I suspect more people will have used a substitution anyway to be honest

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jjsnyder)
    STEP is a beautiful but excruciatingly painful exam which I am not very good at :getscoat:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well some insecurity is better than over confidence i wish you all the best with STEP and other exams, and will hopefully see you around next year.... 😅 which college?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C0balt)
    Well some insecurity is better than over confidence i wish you all the best with STEP and other exams, and will hopefully see you around next year.... 😅 which college?
    Lol ur deferring ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Duke Glacia)
    Lol ur deferring ?
    Next academic year is what I meant
    Though I could also defer if I wanted to.

ReputationRep:
    Next academic year is what I meant
    Though I could also defer if I wanted to.
    I c
    i may defer tbh if i meet offer

ReputationRep:
    Johns

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ah nice, I stayed there two nights when I was visiting colleges. Loved the burger place in front of John's haha

ReputationRep:
    for the proof of the Area of the triangle on the last question, did you state the use of Sin(π/6) because I've been so used to some trigonometric values that I just put 1/2 but I feel like they might disregard my proof as I think they will think that I might've worked backwards from the answer although that would've been hard considering how many were surds involved

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DEWR98)
    for the proof of the Area of the triangle on the last question, did you state the use of Sin(π/6) because I've been so used to some trigonometric values that I just put 1/2 but I feel like they might disregard my proof as I think they will think that I might've worked backwards from the answer although that would've been hard considering how many were surds involved
    No that's fine, sin(pi/6) = 1/2 is such a common result they'll know what you are doing, if you were pulling sin(pi/24) out with no working or something then perhaps, but even then they are likely to still give you the marks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I did the same thing, v=x+1 leads to  y =  \frac{(x+1)^2}{2} + 2(x+1) + ln(x+1) - \frac{3}{2} which should get full marks still.
    I got this also.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks @jjsnyder that was really plaguing me, good luck on the rest of your A2 subjects as well as everyone else on this thread; it's plain AS physics and chemistry on the new specs for me to worry about until I'm in year 13

ReputationRep:
    Thanks @jjsnyder that was really plaguing me, good luck on the rest of your A2 subjects as well as everyone else on this thread; it's plain AS physics and chemistry on the new specs for me to worry about until I'm in year 13
    No problem, when I first looked at the answers I was a little worried as well! Thanks, I have heard the new specs are difficult, hope it goes okay for you

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Wtf, how did u know that sin30=1/2, thats wikid

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsmaths)
    Wtf, how did u know that sin30=1/2, thats wikid

Posted from TSR Mobile
    This guy is a known troll

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    This guy is a known troll

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The banter is unreal.
    I wish i did aqa, seems fun, edexcel is tol eazy.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The banter is unreal.
    I wish i did aqa, seems fun, edexcel is tol eazy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I don't think AQA is any harder tbh, some of our papers are very simple, I'd like hard papers and higher grade boundaries personally!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The banter is unreal.
    Do you mean complex?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zacken)
    Do you mean complex?
    Complex \not = Nonreal though

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.