The Student Room Group

AQA A2 MFP3 Further Pure 3 – 18th May 2016 [Exam Discussion Thread]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jjsnyder
***This is a discussion thread for the AQA MFP3 May 18th 2016 Further Pure 3 Exam ***

This thread is to discuss any questions you have about the AQA FP3 course and to discuss the exam after it happens. I will also be posting the unofficial mark scheme either on this thread or will link to it from here if someone else does it. Good luck in your exams!

Thanks for making this, OP! I'm adding it to our 2016 A Level Exam Directory Thread now. If you've made any more that aren't on the directory, do let me know. Good luck!
Reply 61
Has anyone in this thread got 90+ in d1?
Reply 62
Original post by Hjyu1

Yes. I got 96 last year.
Reply 63
Original post by Hjyu1

I got 100 :smile:
Reply 64
Original post by Qcomber
I got 100 :smile:

Is it possible to learn it in 2 months and what did u do
Reply 65
Yes. I got 96 last year.

Same question ^
Reply 66
Original post by Hjyu1

In my opinion, if you set aside 4-5 hours, you could learn it in a day. See PM for my advice :smile:
Reply 67
In my opinion, if you set aside 4-5 hours, you could learn it in a day. See PM for my advice :smile:

A day.lol I don't think I'm on your level
Reply 68
Original post by Hjyu1

Yes I would say it's possible. Not sure if you're a fan of revision videos, but this guy Jack Brown helped me out a lot: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLg2tfDG3Ww4sfnA2PZH6Er6uoUSs3F_wD
I recommend paying strong attention to the graph theory chapter as that is where most of the marks are lost so make sure to do all those questions in the textbook and from past papers. In D1 methodology is very important so i would recommend learning how algorithms (eg prims) are set out in the marks schemes, and using that as a template when answering the questions. In the linear programming chapter make sure you draw lines with a ruler or you will get ZERO marks.
For the chapter where you loop through algorithms, include a "print" column, this was never required in the past, but for the 2015 paper it was necessary which caught a lot of people out.
Finally, when you get familiar with everything, practise answering (and checking) questions fast, many had trouble finishing the paper last year.
Hope this helps.
Reply 69
Original post by Qcomber
Yes I would say it's possible. Not sure if you're a fan of revision videos, but this guy Jack Brown helped me out a lot: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLg2tfDG3Ww4sfnA2PZH6Er6uoUSs3F_wD
I recommend paying strong attention to the graph theory chapter as that is where most of the marks are lost so make sure to do all those questions in the textbook and from past papers. In D1 methodology is very important so i would recommend learning how algorithms (eg prims) are set out in the marks schemes, and using that as a template when answering the questions. In the linear programming chapter make sure you draw lines with a ruler or you will get ZERO marks.
For the chapter where you loop through algorithms, include a "print" column, this was never required in the past, but for the 2015 paper it was necessary which caught a lot of people out.
Finally, when you get familiar with everything, practise answering (and checking) questions fast, many had trouble finishing the paper last year.
Hope this helps.

I've actually been watching him. And thank you helped a lot
Reply 70
**** it's in less than a month.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 71
Original post by C0balt
**** it's in less than a month.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Feel prepared?
Reply 72
Original post by Qcomber
Feel prepared?

Not really for polar coordinate geometry questions :ninja:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 73
Original post by C0balt
Not really for polar coordinate geometry questions :ninja:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Those are the best. :yes:
Reply 74
Original post by Zacken

Maaan the classic 1/2absinx or cos rule seem to fly out of my head when I need them :cry2:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 75
Original post by Zacken

Think this thread is too easy for you, you may want to leave. :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 76
Think this thread is too easy for you, you may want to leave. :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Says you. Didn't you just do all those iterative integrals? :wink:
Reply 77
Original post by Zacken
Says you. Didn't you just do all those iterative integrals? :wink:

Shh, I'm currently getting a 2 in my STEP mock :'(

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 78
That moment reciting Euler's improved method has become easier than remembering my best friend's birthday.... :facepalm:

Spoiler

Reply 79
Exam is in just over 3 weeks and my teacher still hasn't finished the course lol at my life

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest