Turn on thread page Beta

What do you like best about living in Britain? watch

ReputationRep:
    For me I like the transportation system compared to the US and Nigeria it is excellent. What about you all?

ReputationRep:
    My friends?

ReputationRep:
    Transport,great food,London,hot guys,great unis,great parks,lots of things to do

ReputationRep:
    I was about to say the ease of transportation also particularly in London, when I get on a bus in another city i'm like ummm where's the oyster machine?!

ReputationRep:
    Love everything other than the poor Medical system and lack of variety of food supplies from Denmark and Germany.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BrokenLife)
    Love everything other than the poor Medical system and lack of variety of food supplies from Denmark and Germany.
    You don't like the medical system really? I like it because some things are free, in my home countries we have to pay for even the most basic things

ReputationRep:
    how can you dare say that? i hope you get really ill in another part of the world and then you'll realise how lucky we are to have the NHS, ****ing hell

ReputationRep:
    I love the weather! Today it rained and my soul felt replenished after a few days of sun

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Z212)
    You don't like the medical system really? I like it because some things are free, in my home countries we have to pay for even the most basic things
    Its good that its free but it has to be effective. I've lived in Germany and although we had to pay(there are concessions for old people etc(, the medical system was so effective and quick. I love Britain to bits but that's the one thing I don't like about it. Doctors can be negligent often and certain operations take way too much time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Justmoll28)
    how can you dare say that? i hope you get really ill in another part of the world and then you'll realise how lucky we are to have the NHS, ****ing hell
    Lol. Just because its free doesn't mean its effective and quick. I've lived in Germany and although we had to pay, the medical system was PERFECT. I'd rather pay and get quality treatment than not paying and having to wait for so long or not getting proper treatment.

ReputationRep:
    Free health service and education.

the sense of humour, we have the best banter in the world in my opinion, I've experienced the sense of humour of lots of different nation and I really think ours is unique and the best.

ReputationRep:
    Lol. Just because its free doesn't mean its effective and quick. I've lived in Germany and although we had to pay, the medical system was PERFECT.
    but its free, so be grateful for what you get, or go back to Germany and stop complaining

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iKiss.)
    Free health service and education.
    But education isn't free? Your fees are outrageous!

ReputationRep:
    As a person who is into really into history, there is honestly no better place to be from than Britain
    But also the atmosphere in general. Whenever I visit a place in Britain, it always feels like home. Couldn't imagine living anywhere else, to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    The NHS- I'm a regular user (like 6 times a week I go to the hospital or doctors for my wide range of medical issues), even though I complain a lot about waiting lists for referrals, a&e etc etc. It's the best thing that the UK has created, it's free and accessible to everyone, if I had to pay, I'd have died when I was 2 years old and I'm 17 years old now going to university when I was told I couldn't go. As much as it isn't perfect, once it's gone, it's gone and nothing can be done to get it back once everything's privatised. It's a shame to see it get to the state it's in, I hope to become a mental health nurse (going to uni in September ) and to then, repay back my duties in the health system. It'll be an absolute shame when it goes

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vonbroten)
    its free up until degree level? haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Justmoll28)
    its free up until degree level? haha
    Probably, but then it's not entirely free.
    My country has free education. Higher ed is 100% free unless you go to a private institution, and even then it's less than in the UK.

ReputationRep:
    Education from nursery up to college. In many countries this isn't free.

ReputationRep:
    Probably, but then it's not entirely free.
    My country has free education. Higher ed is 100% free unless you go to a private institution, and even then it's less than in the UK.
    what do you mean probably? it definitely is free until 18 years of age when you choose to go onto degree level or not? you don't have to have a degree?

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.