Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What do you like best about living in Britain? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BrokenLife)
    Lol. Just because its free doesn't mean its effective and quick. I've lived in Germany and although we had to pay, the medical system was PERFECT. I'd rather pay and get quality treatment than not paying and having to wait for so long or not getting proper treatment.
    Nothing stopping you from paying in the UK, there is such a thing as private hospitals.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Justmoll28)
    what do you mean probably? it definitely is free until 18 years of age when you choose to go onto degree level or not? you don't have to have a degree?
    As far as I know, your private schools cost. Some of those are below degree level as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vonbroten)
    As far as I know, your private schools cost. Some of those are below degree level as well.
    thats private schools though? its not like you have to go to a private school to get a good education? where are you from?

ReputationRep:
    thats private schools though? its not like you have to go to a private school to get a good education? where are you from?
    I thought going to private schools was fairly normal in the UK? Obviously, I'm wrong.
    Norden.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tabstercat)
    the sense of humour, we have the best banter in the world in my opinion, I've experienced the sense of humour of lots of different nation and I really think ours is unique and the best.
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/bo...-a6942551.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tabstercat)
    the sense of humour, we have the best banter in the world in my opinion, I've experienced the sense of humour of lots of different nation and I really think ours is unique and the best.
    Scottish banter on twitter cracks me up every single time

ReputationRep:
    I thought going to private schools was fairly normal in the UK? Obviously, I'm wrong.
    Norden.
    hardly:rofl:

ReputationRep:
    "Free" health service

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M14B)
    "Free" health service
    compared to other countries you should be crying with thankfulness that we have the NHS

ReputationRep:
    The easy access to tea bags :heart:

ReputationRep:
    hardly:rofl:
    Why'd you need to know where I'm from, anyway?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Copperknickers)
    Nothing stopping you from paying in the UK, there is such a thing as private hospitals.
    Seriously, calm down, guys. I just answered what the OP asked. Simple as that!

ReputationRep:
    Why'd you need to know where I'm from, anyway?
    because you keep comparing the UK to there, i just wondered, calm down haha

ReputationRep:
    Love love love the diversity, transport and how busy it is. Markets, food stalls, etc are so fascinating and being able to spend a day in London and cover most sites is amazing. When I visit my sister in Cardiff for a week and arrive in Paddington coming home there's just an immense sense of pride idk how to explain it I just adore train stations and how busy they are

ReputationRep:
    The fact that we get more cars here than the Americans do.
    That's about it. Not a fan of the UK tbh. Doesn't suit my lifestyle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by satanslilsis)
    The easy access to tea bags :heart:
    Oh yes:love:

Like rn just realised I ran out of peppermint tea but then had a look at my cupboard and found chamomile tea..nothing better than a cup of tea after a hard working day!

ReputationRep:
    Seriously, calm down, guys. I just answered what the OP asked. Simple as that!
    And I just commented that you can pay for quality treatment in the UK. The NHS is for people who can't afford that. To be honest I think we need more private hospitals in the UK, it should be like council housing: you pay for your own non-emergency treatment unless you are on a low-income.

ReputationRep:
    Oh yes:love:

Like rn just realised I ran out of peppermint tea but then had a look at my cupboard and found chamomile tea..nothing better than a cup of tea after a hard working day!
    Ahhh thats a shame! Chamomile saves the day! too true

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Copperknickers)
    And I just commented that you can pay for quality treatment in the UK.
    That's good and I will once I can afford it. My point was that quality treatment in Germany isn't tremendously expensive. Reasonable. Nothing against UK though. Its home to me.

ReputationRep:
    The vast population of pigeons.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.