Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What do you like best about living in Britain? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Pretty much everything (education, healthcare, safety, culture, lots of things to do, nice well behaved people, so much opportunity, freedom, democracy) except the weather (except in the summer)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Z212)
    For me I like the transportation system compared to the US and Nigeria it is excellent. What about you all?

Are you takin the piss? You might as well have said the best thing about Britain is the weather.

I suppose one of the best things about living in Britain is that women can get their baps out on the beach. If they did that in somewhere like Dubai, they would be executed under their BS laws. We also dont brutally wip old men.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student403)
    One thing you should all appreciate is the driving. People are very courteous compared to in other parts of the world
    Ummmm................. hell yes!!!
    :lol:

Travel by road in any South Asian country and you REALLY appreciate driving standards in Britain :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    Education opportunities
    Freedom of speech
    Womens rights

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nucdev)

Travel by road in any South Asian country and you REALLY appreciate driving standards in Britain :laugh:
    Absolutely!

Or in saudi :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    No mass gun crime
    No school shootings
    No presence of furries or any other degenerate fandoms

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nucdev)

PRSOM, traffic in India is crazy :lol:

ReputationRep:
    The NHS and human rights.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymoùs)
    Are you takin the piss? You might as well have said the best thing about Britain is the weather.

I suppose one of the best things about living in Britain is that women can get their baps out on the beach. If they did that in somewhere like Dubai, they would be executed under their BS laws. We also dont brutally wip old men.
    the question said what do you like best about Britian. I happen to like the transportation system. There's nothing wrong in saying that.

ReputationRep:
    The cleanliness and cold, fresh air. I know that's the case for many developed countries but when I get back from my holiday in India, it's like breathing gold-quality air. Ahh, so nice!

ReputationRep:
    Nothing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eternalflames)
    The cleanliness and cold, fresh air. I know that's the case for many developed countries but when I get back from my holiday in India, it's like breathing gold-quality air. Ahh, so nice!
    what?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Z212)
    the question said what do you like best about Britian. I happen to like the transportation system. There's nothing wrong in saying that.

Yeah I know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WBZ144)
    The NHS and human rights.
    Human rights I totally agree with!! I remember living in Germany and people being sooo racist!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fosu®)
    what?
    In comparison to less developed countries Britain is very clean in public places, there's no litter all over the place and people actually use bins.

The cold, fresh air. Ahh, oh my god, that beautiful oxygen rich clean, cold air is bliss. Compare that with a polluted, hot and humid air. Like I said in my first post, when I get back to England from my Indian holiday it's a breath of fresh air and my nostrils and lungs feel happy.

ReputationRep:
    Chips from the chippy, best in the world

ReputationRep:
    I love the multiculturalism. I really do feel alive when surrounded by different cultures in places like Luton, Tower Hamlets and Bradford for example

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BrokenLife)
    Human rights I totally agree with!! I remember living in Germany and people being sooo racist!
    Really? My dad lived there a while for work and he said they were quite tolerant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eternalflames)
    Really? My dad lived there a while for work and he said they were quite tolerant.
    Yes! When did your father lived there? As in what years? Because Germany has certainly become much more tolerant now than when I used to live there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BrokenLife)
    Yes! When did your father lived there? As in what years? Because Germany has certainly become much more tolerant now than when I used to live there.
    He was there for one year, and it was 2012/2013, so quite recent.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.